What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Captured!


During lunch, we discovered two little goslings swimming about. I thought that rather odd, since I thought they came in larger batches than that. At a shallow point in the reservoir I was able to capture one of them for a closer look. (Don't be impressed...the babbling brook into the reservoir was just a bit too overpowering for the little guy...)

The children loved getting a closer glimpse and touching how soft and sweet it was. Corynn and I are convinced that we WILL be getting some ducks when we have our own house. Matt doesn't know about this yet.

We only held it for a few moments before returning it to its brother. It was so cute how fast that little guy swam/ran to see if she was okay. The parent geese looked on and were quite forgiving of the curious humans...I think it was all the sandwich we gave them.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Such a sweet photo- I can almost feel the duckling's softness just by looking at your picture!

Kelli said...

Ooh...what a sweet gosling!

Kelli

Liana said...

Wow, I'm amazed the mother let you get that close...
Nice photo!

Abigail said...

Millie is so impressed with this series of pictures, and I think she expects me to work similar gosling magic for her.