What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, May 21, 2007

Sunday after church, we had company over. The family of twelve that we have been WANTING to have over for months-it *finally* worked out. Such fun we had. Matt and I just love the parents. They are so great, and so like-minded. And the kids? They are all great-especially the older ones. Our company didn't leave until nearly 8:00 pm, and we didn't even notice the time!

I wish I would have gotten pictures of the meal. I was proud of it. Especially the dessert. I might have to make another batch just to share the photo and recipe. :-) It was SUPERB!

Here was the meal run-down:

Herbed Pork Loin with potatoes and carrots
Seasoned greenbeans with Sesame seeds
Baked fresh butter rolls
Cherry Ribbon salad (using a salad mold-and it WORKED! The is a recipe to share too...)

and for dessert:

Warm Blondie brownies a la mode, topped with a maple cream syrup SCRUMPTIOUS!

We ate outside on the patio. Fun. Good food. Good friendship. Country air. Is there anything better?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week I am finishing up a few works~in~progress including some craft aprons for the kids and a yo-yo pillow. I will show them to you as soon as I get them done. My yardsale is in TWO weeks-so there is LOTS of preparations for that in the works as well.

I also have a few fabulous books finds I just have to rave about. All these things for another day, though, as my computer time has been used up and then some. Have a wonderful start to the week!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

smilnsigh said...

First, I'm so sorry I missed knowing you had a Birthday recently. -sigh-sigh-sigh-sigh-sigh- My bad. -sigh-

Also First :-) I finally have written a reply. Finally, finally, finally. And will get it in the mail today. I'm so sorry for the lag, on my part.

And yet another First, ,-)... You are so busy you make my head spin! Company dropping in 'out of the blue.' Dinners and showers and... You make my head spin. :-)

Hugggggggggggg,
Mari-Nanci

Christine said...

You sure had a busy weekend, Rebecca! I don't know how you handle so much. What a neat idea to enjoy a lovely meal outside with your guests. Warm weather makes hospitality a bit easier to enjoy! Your menu is impeccable. Blessings!

Michelle said...

Down in MD, we had a family of 10 come for a meal one time and it was great. That, and Dave's dad, stepmom and 7 children have come to visit us numerous times. I tend to find that things go much more smoothly with large families than with smaller ones because they are often used to sharing the workload and getting along with lots of other people. Large families, however, are often afraid of burdening us with smaller families with their crew. They don't know how much we love to have them over! :D

Abigail said...

I hate it when I make something yummy and don't take a picture because I've now foolishly stopped posting recipes on buildabelly unless I have an accompanying snapshot. Learn from my stupidity; please don't be foolish like me.

Post those yummy recipes, picture or no picture!