What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, May 21, 2007

Crackerspread 'Cheesecake'

Posted by Picasa

Make 2 cups of crackercrumbs and mix with 1/4 c. butter. Spread on the bottom of a pie plate or springboard pan. Put in freezer to harden while you work.

Mix with mixer 2 8oz containers of cream cheese
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Garlic powder, onion flakes, Italian seasoning, basil, etc. (Or you could just throw in a pack of Italian dressing mix...)

Spoon and smooth mixture over cracker crust.

Spoon about 1/2 c. sour cream on top of cream cheese layer then add

Diced tomatos
Diced pepper
Fresh Chives or Green Onion

It is GREAT served with the great variety of Triscut flavors. I bought Cheddar, Rosemary and Olive Oil and Cracked peppercorn and olive oil. I used some of them for the crust and the rest were for dipping.


3 comments:

Christine said...

Rebecca,
I love how colorful and scrumptious it looks!

Abigail said...

Personally, I think you need to stop posting pictures like these. It's ten o'clock at night, the whole house is asleep, and I'm now hungry, though I had a fully belly ten minutes ago.

This looks good.

Heather K said...

mmmmmm yummmmy! I think I'll have to try this one!!! all your food pics look amazing!! I see you love to cook... I like the idea of the family of 12 over... that sounds like a lot of fun! I love big families! I grew up with 5 siblings... never a dull moment!