What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, May 07, 2007

Train Journey

Whenever we do anything, I refer to it as an 'adventure' or a 'journey'. DEFINATELY inflates the ordinary hum-drum of every day life to a higher level. Always look for the fun of the moment. Always MAKE moments fun. I have been trying to brainwash this idea in Corynn's head and it seems to have worked. I gotta say, it is CUTE AS CAN BE to hear Corynn say, on the way to the grocery store, "What adventures will we have on THIS journey?" Much cuter out of her mouth, that's fore sure. Today it was a much BETTER adventure than riding in an unmoving banana car, with a monkey getting a bit too friendly, in the Walmart entrance. Today was a real BONAFIDE adventure. Corynn has been infatuated with trains, practically since we have moved here. At home, we can hear the faint whistle of the train going through town and often, on our way on a 'journey' we drive along side one. Well, I noticed an old train station with a History Museum a LONG time ago-and only just today pulled that mental note out into real life.

We had a picnic in the front yard of the joint, played on the boxcars, investigated the grounds and watched for some trains. Four hours later...I wondered how four hours had slipped by doing what we were doing-that is, NOTHING.

The museum was closed, for which I am thankful. That will be an adventure for another day.














4 comments:

Kelli said...

You have the best adventures, Rebecca!!!

Kelli

Full of Grace said...

ah...my favorite time of year- babies with bare little leggies! I absolutely LOVE seeing young children walking around in shorts and short overall outfits :)

Abigail said...

I always refer to the humdrums as adventures and journeys, too. We've have many an "adventure" to the laundromat, and referring to them as such helps me to view the world as they do, with fresh eyes.

What a cool place. I really like the picture of Corynn as conductor.

Rebecca said...

I never thought of it-but you're right. It helps me to get a better perspective about things too. Who knew?!