What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 17, 2007

When it rains...

It pours.

Thank you for all your birthday well-wishes. It was a happy day. My most favoritist birthday gift was Mattie's healthy contribution to my camera fund...soon soon!

Mom surprised me by calling the day before and saying "Hey-hope you aren't doing anything because I am coming out with the kids for a few days!" Needless to say, the moment the phone clicked back on the receiver, I was off, my tail feathers all ablaze, with housework that needed to be done for company, recipes to be scouted out, shopping lists to grow long with pencilmarks, and groceries then to be fetched. In fact...my mother arrived as I was PULLING IN from grocery shopping!

They just left and phew. Craziness.

I am going to seriously just V*E*G on the couch tonight. I officially declare this random Thursday night to be Pizza and Movie night. Yep. And ice cream. DEFINATELY icecream.

During her visit, since she came with her three (almost four) adopted youngsters, we all headed to the crazy-child restaurant called Chuckie Cheese. My kids LOVED it. Andrew was old enough to enjoy it and now that he is walking-he is superspeeding all over the place. Naturally, that sketching machine is my favorite token-muncher.




Last year my 'rents took me to Chuckie Cheese for my birthday (how cruel is THAT?) where all the kids celebrated my birthday until they were quite exhausted. The Panda was just a wee one then and enjoyed my birthday mostly in his dreams. I brought out the sketches from that day, precisely one year prior, and had a grand time comparing the baby boy of last year and the little boy of this one. Check it out. Is that ever crazy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am allowing myself THIS night to rest and relax because when the sun rises tomorrow, I am OFF again, preparing for this weekend.

Saturday is another bridal shower that I am co-hosting. This time, I will help decorate but I am mainly in charge of the food.

Then Sunday, that family of 12 that I have been wanting to have over is FINALLY coming.

So, I am going to have a bit of deja vu tomorrow. House cleaning. Recipe hunting. Grocery shopping. Food making. Sounds familiar, but at least I have practice!

8 comments:

Full of Grace said...

What a HUGE difference in Andrew!!! I loved your chuckie cheese pics- and I too love the sketching machine best! :)

I hope you had a wonderful time, but I also hope you get some downtime today to relax!!!

Lori said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday.
It sounds like you have been very busy.
I'm like you......When I find out I have company coming I run around like crazy to get everything done.

Kelli said...

Such cute pictures, Rebecca! Your pizza and ice cream night sounds like a good idea before your busy weekend!!

kelli

Liana said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday...
sorry these wishes come late!

Anonymous said...

Belated Birthday Blessings to you!
And I just love your pictures. They are so fun to look at!

Anonymous said...

Happy "Belated" Birthday!!!! I wish that I would have come by sooner. We haven't been to a Chuckie Cheese pizza place in many, many years. Those sketches are amazing and beautiful.

Have a wonderful weekend with your invited guests.

~Tamara

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Bday to you Rebecca! Looks like you had a great day with your sweet family! That is wonderful, the best way to celebrate another year that God has given you!

We are going this Friday to Chuck E Cheese & you reminded me how much I love that sketch thingy...and at the low low bargin price of one token no less! =) Your sketches are too cute!
Have a great day!
Victoria =)

Abigail said...

We saw your mom at church the Sunday before your birthday, and she mentioned that possibility. If it hadn't been a surprise, I could have given you the heads up!