What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Make do with what you have



I ran out of pots and soil before I ran out of plants so around the yard I went, on my own personal scavenger hunt. I found this trunk that had been uprooted and thought it was PERFECT! I upturned it so the cut (flat) side was down and I planted the last bit of geranium and alyssum in the hole/bowl that the roots naturally created. I sprinkled some forget-me-not seeds as well. You'll have to firm down the soil pretty good, even perhaps adding more until it is established. Make sure to water it GENTLY. But I thought it made for a really cool looking arrangement!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelli said...

That is so cool, Rebecca!!

Kelli

Abigail said...

I love it.