What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In the midst of Milkshake

I am really in the thick of things here now, as I prepare for Friday's arrival and my yard sale weekend. Yesterday I got a lot done in the way of preparations.

I 'organized' the piles I had set aside in each room of this house, into piles in ONE room of the house! That doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment-but each of those mounds on the floor is seperated for its own table and each is freshly priced.

Yesterday I made the signs and today we will be hanging them around town and such.

Last night I made my first batch for the bake sale-and boy, do they look SCRUMPTIOUS! Apple Butter Spice muffins. When you bite into them, the centers have applebutter baked right in! They are resting peacefully in my freezer until the big day-of course, Matt got to try one this morning...

My plan of attack is this: Each night when the children get to bed, I will start a baking project. That way, during the day the house will still be cool and hopefully, I can accomplish ALOT. I am hoping to do several pies because they are 'big tickets'.

During the day, I will work on yard sale stuff-though, in truth, that is mainly all done.

Now-to keep the children from playing in these piles and mixing them all up; to keep them from peeling ALL the price stickers off and displaying them on themselves; to keep the Panda from pounding my fragile things together.

My baking might be the LEAST of my worries!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gena said...

Wow, you have a lot on your plate this week! I will keep you in my prayers.

Also, could you share the recipe for the apple butter muffins? My girls love both muffins AND apple butter. I bet they would be a wonderful breakfast food.

Best of luck with your yard sale.

Rebecca said...

Sure thing! If you would-wait about a week though. I'd like to get a picture of one to post WITH the recipe... If I make any more extra-yummy things for this bake sale, I should be smart enough to take a picture BEFORE I freeze it! ;-)

Kelli said...

Hi Rebecca! I am impressed with all your piles and price stickers...it looks great! All your hard work is going to pay off this coming weekend! I would love the apple butter muffin recipe too, I have some apple butter to use up. Have a great week and good luck, with keeping your little one out of all the fun
piles. :0)
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Boy your bussy this week! Hope you have a great sale! :-)