What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

THANKSGIVING is but a week away!

It was a rainy day today-but very mild. In the 50's...hard to believe it is the middle of November! I have been tediously working (yes, it has become tedious!) on all the things that I have been wanting/needing to do for the craft shows. This past Saturday I cut and pieced 12 more buntings...needing only to blanket stitch them. I have completed over 14 buntings with a few more to do before my show on Saturday. I made enough so that I would have a few to take with me to work on at my show on Saturday. I dropped off half of my florals, buntings, ornaments, and potpourri burners today at the home show I am doing-freeing up some much coveted space in the house. Matt and I were both getting sick of seeing the dining room table cluttered with crafts-in-process. I decided that I would put it ALL away-put a nice cloth table cloth on the table, some candles and a quilted table runner...making our table look back to normal-and festive for the upcoming holiday. What a difference even a table cloth and candles make! It actually looks fancy in there again!

I will continue to work on my crafts-but only in small increments now and I will try very hard to get it all completed and put away before Matt gets home. Right now, a lot of organizing is taking place-taking inventory, pricing, sorting, and making lists for things to take. I hope to make a good profit at this show-because I FINALLY figured out what I want to get Matt for Christmas...and it is, as always, expensive. I always like to use my 'own' money to buy his gifts so he doesn't get upset to get the things I get him (knowing how much they probably cost.) .

Thanksgiving is almost here! Yippee! This year is my parents' year, so I am trying to figure out some yummy new recipes to try. I also hung up a bulletin board in the kitchen for Corynn and her 'schooling'. Each day we have been working a little bit on colors, numbers, letters, and especially Thanksgiving related activities. Tonight she painted THREE Thanksgiving coloring sheets. I plan to send one to her Grandma and Grandpa, her Oma and Opa, and her Nanny and Poppy. That is one great way to encourage her in her endeavors while not becoming overwhelmed with artwork!

I think I told you all before that we have been working with Corynn and teaching her the Lord's prayer. She could say all the 'big' words and KNOW what they were before we said them by the time she was two. Now, I am working with her to say ALL the words and she is doing very well. And I have sung her the Lord's Prayer song each day for the last few days. This evening, as Matt and I were playing SKIPBO-we heard her under the table SINGING 'For thine is the kindgom, power, GLOOOORY" It was so cute.

I will try and post some new pictures soon. Maybe tomorrow. I am almost burnt out with the whole crafting 24-7 thing, so I may take a much deserved break and relax until the show. Of course-these are big words for me considering I can never sit back and ignore things that I want to do. But-a short break is very doable.

Here are some fun links to go to for some great preschool and school-age crafts and activities-especially for Thanksgiving....

First-School has coloring pages, crafts, activities, and information about the turkey-including a hearable turkey call.

Scholastic is for older children but offers a virtual tour of the Mayflower, life as Pilgrims, life as the WAMPANOAG Indian, daily life in 1621, etc.

I hope everyone is having a good week and looking forward with eager anticipation to the upcoming holiday. After all-it is only ONE WEEK away! :-)

2 comments:

Abigail said...

AH! Christmas presents! I'm so behind in those that I plan to make AND those that I still need to "discover."

HURRAH! I'm coming to Nanticoke for Thanksgiving! The girls and I will be in the country for a week and a half while John drives back to Buffalo to complete a mountain of papers and projects. He plans to come pick us up the weekend of the 3rd, but, depending on how long the work takes, we may even stay a tad longer.

Let's arrange a visit, shall we?
(By the way, that wasn't a question, even though I phrased it as such; it was a bonafide demand!)

Rebecca said...

Yippee! Abby lives! :-) When will you arrive? I am so happy that you will be coming...and extending your stay a bit. Surely we will arrange something!