What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, February 17, 2006

Forever changed

GUsh Gush GUsh.
Tomorrow is my baby shower. Gush GUSH Gush.
Not sure how I will be getting my mind off of it today.

If a baby shower were not exciting enough-THIS baby shower will be revealing the gender of baby PEANUT. At least... Probably. It HAS been known to happen that they are 'wrong'. It didn't hit me until this morning-the excitement that is. Not only is a baby shower FUN FUN FUN but it is the last lap in the marathon of pregnancy. I am ALMOST to the finish line and soon we will get our prize! To see our sweet baby's squished up face and have those toothpick thin fingers wrap around my pinky. To see the dry wrinkles on the doll feet of our little one and to watch the many funky little expressions as (s)he tries to acclimate to a whole new world. A world of clothes. A world of TOUCHING without barricades. A world of bright lights, cold air, and LOUD sounds. Ah yes. I am doing a fine job of convincing Peanut to come on out. Anyway.

Tomorrow is the big day and I can't get my mind off of it. If we are having a boy, which Matt is putting HIS wager on, we are naming him........___________________!!! SuRPRISE! We have to keep some spice in life! If we are having a girl (which I am not necessarily putting a wager on but would think it was pretty cool and VERY Funny, especially since Matt is so sure of himself!) we haven't yet decided what the name would be. We are floating with about five names and will probably keep them all until the baby is born and we see 'which suits her best'.

It will be so nice to share my excitement with other ladies from the church and family and friends too! My first shower was much different than the one tomorrow. I expect some of Matt's family there, for one thing. It will be gender-specific, for another. My sister will not only be there, but she has really planned and prepared the whole thing! I have asked my sister to take pictures for me-so I will post plenty of them next week.

As for today. I am not sure WHAT I will be doing. Something baby-ish. Last week I cleaned out Corynn's closet and organized it. I plan to move her dresser in there (it is narrow and high) to make some more room for the baby. Today I will work to clean out the dresser, sort through clothes that don't fit anymore and consolidate-freeing up a drawer or two for any clothing I might receive for Peanut. No. I haven't even STARTED re-doing that dresser for Peanut. And due to certain circumstances, may not for several months.

Which brings me to my next topic. BIG changes for the Newmans. I can't really go into anything just yet but opportunities MAY have arisen to make a dream for our family come true. Nothing is for certain but for the last week I for one (as I know Matt has been also) have been fervently praying for wisdom in seeking His will for our lives. It is hard to pray for something you want so badly, while tempering your prayer with "Thy will be done". Certainly I know, as does Matt, that God has a perfect plan for us and all will be revealed in His perfect time. I contine to pray for guidance and wisdom for such a life-changing decision. There is much to seek out if this is 'a go' including perseverence, strength, guidance, wisdom, self-control, faith, and trust.

If this opportunity is NOT the Lord's will I FERVENTLY pray that Matt and I are blessed with a content spirit. That we are given an extra ounce of strength to endure what lay ahead and the patience to seek out the Lord's perfect timing for our lives. Faith to trust in God's promise to care for us and a thankful spirit to truly appreciate the gifts that we have been given so abundantly. I pray that we will continue to rise up-and not be brought low with dispair, anger, or a feeling of injustice.

I would appreciate it if you all would keep us in your prayers in the coming weeks as we are in the midst of some very life-changing opportunities. May we seek out the Lord's will for our lives without bias or selfish ambitions. Praise God we can lean on Him!

Now. I am off. The dark gray clouds bursting with rain we awakened to this morning have since disappeared, revealing a BEAUTIFUL blue sky. The only thing lingering from the early morning storm is the wind. Which makes NOW the perfect opportunity to try to 'capture' wind on my camera. A challenge I suppose I am up for! Off I go!

3 comments:

Paula said...

OK, so for those of us not fortunate enough to be there for your shower WHAT IS PEANUT?? :D

Sorry I have not gotten those baby clothes to you yet. It has been so COLD here (high was 9 the other day) and windy that I hate going out with all three girls. I tried it for a little while and the littest one was shivering so bad (and she was the most bundled up of all of us). Hopefully with hubby having today off work I can get over and get them off! I have another friend I promised clothes to as well and need to send them off soon. You know how fast babies grow!

Anyways, I hope you had a great shower. That is so great that you are getting a shower for your second. I got a shower and plenty of meals for the first, nothing for the second, meals from ONE friend for the third and because this one is our first boy, I am getting a clothing shower (to get me all the boy clothes). I wish every bay was welcomed by all with the same enthusiasm as the first.

So let us know! ANd let us know how you are doing!! :)

Abigail said...

Is Matt gloating yet?!? :)

Eager to meet your soon-coming Peanut, softly skinned and named perfectly, I'm sure.

I can't wait to hear how the shower went! And I can't help but make guesses on your mysterious allusions to potentail, big changes. Hmmm. We think and pray for wisdom to weigh the options and contentment with the resulting decision.

p.s. Awaiting the wind...

Abigail said...

um. yes, that's potentIal.

"potent tails" are something i wouldn't knowingly unleash on renaissance