What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm a Zebra and more Nonsense

There is much to be thankful for these days...

~A different perspective~
Today I am wearing an ugly black and white striped turtleneck I got at a yard sale this summer to match the too-short black pants I am wearing while my jeans are in the wash. When she saw me, Corynn said, "Look Mama! You a ZEBRA!" Yes. Yes, I am.

~Hot Air~
I got a dehydrator for Christmas so that poor machine has been blowing hot air for the past two days non-stop. My first batch of goodies were orange slices to string on gingerbread garland. Now I am working on the tasty treats. I have made lots of banana chips and apple slices...which are all gone. Corynn calls them candy-which they are remarkably similar too. Today I will be doing MORE banana, apple, AND pineapple pieces. Fresh pineapple is my very favorite fruit-so I will only be drying a little bit of it. I can't give up too much of that fresh juicy goodness! I am going dried fruit crazy.

~Pins for Rolling~
Matt surprised me last week by coming home with a rolling pin he had made for me on the lathe. Today we will celebrate his sweetness by making some sweetness of our own. SUGAR COOKIES!

~Sap~
Today is February 1st so today marks the beginning of our Valentine Tree. We are doing something a bit different this year (last year we just decorated it with flowers and sparkly stuff). This year, every day (until Valentine's Day) Matt and I will be writing something we love about each other in a folded Valentine and hanging it on the tree. On Valentine's Day, we will read them all. Of course, Corynn is not to be left out. Matt and I will take turns writing HER Valentines. Sappy? Yes. I am positively oozing with it.

~Niavity~
At the closing of my Dad's birthday party-Corynn got to take home a goldfish in a fishbowl (they were the table centerpieces). She named her Abraham, since FATHER ABRAHAM is now her theme song. Well. Two days ago, Father Abraham got tired of trying for many sons. Matt got home with the fish food (we had been feeding him cracker crumbs...) just as Abraham was floating on top taking his last few breaths. He sprinkled the food in, hoping to energize him at the last minute. The food just laid on his eyeballs. So-poor Abraham got to go on a trip. Now, everytime Corynn goes Potty she says "Abraham sleeping. Papa FLush him" with a wrinkled nose. And that is that.

~Number Two~
I am happy to announce that last week Corynn kept her panties DRY for four days straight. The weekend set her back a bit and she has had a few accidents since-but over all...she is doing SO well. She wears 'big girl panties' all day now. I still have to watch her for number 2-but yesterday she told me she had to go potty and she did it herself. NumberTWO! BY herself! YIPPEE! I still put pull-ups on her when we go places, but taking her to the potty before we leave and as soon as we get there has helped the 'outing accidents' diminish too. Sweet success!

~Belly Buttons~
Finally, I have to write about Peanut's antics the other day. SO sweet. I was laying in bed and for about 10 minutes, Peanut was playing with my belly button. Just my belly button-nothing else. S(he) was rubbing it and pushing on it and just monkeying around. Matt saw it too. It was so cute to see Peanut PLAYING. In utero.

And finally....
~Story Time~

Story 1: Rich Mrs. Bob-Tail

At number two the Warren,
lived Mrs. Bob-Tail Bun,
with all her little rabbits
frm Flap, the eldest son,
right down to tiny Topsy
who was the youngest one.

She'd scarcely any money,
her shoes were very worn,
her aprons all past mending
because they were so torn,
yet Mrs. Bob-tail Bunny
was not a BIT forlorn.

"I always feel quite happy,"
said Mrs. Bob-tail Bun
to Mrs. Leslie Long-ears,
who lived at number one,
"We've JUST enough to keep us,
and life is full of fun!"

"My dear," said Mrs. Long-ears
to Leslie that same night,
"Poor Mrs. Bob-tail Bunny
is really not quite right!
She talks of being happy,
yet looks a perfect sight!

"She has that tribe of children!
She's poor as she can be,
Her clothes are SO old-fashioned,
her boots you ought to see!
I'm glad I'm rich!"
But Long-ears said, "Listen, dear to me

"Though Mrs. Bob-tail Bunny
may scarcely have a cent
she's better off than we are,
I know just what she meant.
She has what we have NOT, my dear
-A great store of Content!"

Number 2:

Said the Robin to the sparrow,
I should really like to know
why these anxious human beings
rush about and worry so...

Said the Sparrow to the Robin,
"Friend, I think that it must be
that they have no Heavenly Father
such as cares for you and me.
~Elizabeth Cheney

2 comments:

flacius1551 said...

Glad to read (from the tone of your post) that you are feeling so much better.

Abigail said...

I'm jealous about the dehydrator. Do you like beef jerky? Another yummy use...