What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, February 27, 2006

Exciting Meat buys. Wow. I have hit a new stage in life when THAT is my excitement for the week!

Happy Monday all! I just got back from grocery shopping and just finished putting all the groceries away and thought it best to sit down for a minute. Just briefly. And what better thing to do when resting than to post, I ask. Well. A lot I am sure, but I didn't feel like doing THOSE things!
Matt has been sick since Thursday. It seems he has been more frequently this year than at any other time since I have known him. He stayed home from work today, missed the church's congregational meeting on Saturday and church on Sunday. He has been moving from the bed to the couch to the table to rest. And only when he is sleeping does he put down his new book The Endurance, a gift from the every growing Owen family! Actually, I think he finished it last night by candlelight. (The electricity went out for the second time in two weeks. Both for well over an hour. I can only figure on it being the wind. I am thankful though, to be such a candle freak-because we are always well prepared for times like that. I would like to get an oil lamp too, some day.) While Corynn and I ate cereal for supper in the flickering glow of candles-Matt sat at the table surrounded by candles to finish his book. He kept saying "I am almost done! I am almost done!" So-I wonder what will occupy his sick time now?!?!

Today I went to a new Price Chopper that just opened in a nearby town. I was very impressed with their meat department and the prices there. They have great deals on meats of all kind. I was able to get London Broil for $1.59 a pound. That is a savings of $3.45 cents per pound. I stocked up. I also got some delicious fresh breads for about $1.00 a (large) loaf. In other areas they have higher prices-but I am so excited to have a place to get decently priced meats (one of the most expensive areas of grocery bills). I used to shop at Walmart for EVERYTHING because overall they have the cheapest and most 'bulk' stuff all at one place. But meats are where they overcharge BIGTIME, never have sales, and everyone just 'bucks up' since they are already there shopping. No longer will Matt and I be living on ground beef and the occasional chicken! London Broil, here we come! Price Chopper is on the way to Walmart-so I will hit there first and then get the rest of the stuff at Walmart.

This week I am having TWO lunch guests. One tomorrow and one on Friday. Since both are trying to maintain healthy diets, I will be making soup and salads. I am not sure what kind of soup-maybe Sweet Potato chowder? The salad options are BLT chicken salad, grilled chicken salad, and spicy popcorn chicken salad. Not sure which two I will choose-but it should be good. (And of course, yummy bread and desserts are a must also!)

I have a lot to do this week to prepare for my 'dates'. Not just cleaning (though that is true, for sure!) but I also want to finish up the childrens' room as much as possible so I can show it off to my sister (the Friday guest.) That means finishing up Corynn's bed, organizing a bit more, and (weather permitting!) painting a small dresser I bought at a yard sale this summer to stash Peanut's clothes in. Right now, they are all jammed in the closet. :-( Andif I am able to finish that, that would mean finding a spot for it in an already cluttered teeny tiny room. I may work on the dresser today-after the cleaning, of course. Tomorrow night, my niece and nephews are coming to stay with us for a few hours while their parents' have a date. That will be fun, too.

Okay. Enough lolly-gagging. Time to get up and get moving. Perish the thought.

PS. Abby-are you still swelled with child or are you now swelled with pride?!?! I am dying to know!

PPS. Still no word on the top secret possibilities of the Newman household. We were expecting to hear something last week. Hmmmm.....The Lord is certainy trying to teach me patience. I am afraid I am not a very willing pupil. I have to do better. HAVE to!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Hello there Rebekah! I've been anxiously awaiting your blessed news! :) I'm so excited for you!

It sounds like you've been busy. Remember to take care of yourself through all of this time too. ((((hugs)))) I *miss* talking with you more!

Blessings,
Regina

Full of Grace said...

You don't have to worry about preparing for my coming. That's the nice thing about being sisters...We can just "pop" in on each other and look past the toys on the floor, or the pillows strewn crookedly on the couch :) I am looking forward to coming over though- It's been too long considering we live so close! :)