What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, December 17, 2007

Lake O Meadows







We arrived home safely last night from our weekend away, exhausted and sore. The car ride home that usually takes four hours on the nose ( a little less in pristine conditions) took over six hours. Blasted Nor'easter. The roads were slushy and slick, sleet was pouring down on our car, and we were the only loonie bins on the road for a good three hours. But, we got home safely. Praise God for that. I thought for sure we were going to die. Really, I did.

It was a good time visiting, it always is. This weekend was strictly a NEWMAN weekend. Next weekend will be a strictly CANTRELL weekend. It's nicer that way because it isn't so TERRIBLY hectic. I only hope that the weather clears up by the end of this week, because I don't want to have to travel in weather like we did this weekend for a VERY LONG TIME. OK. Ideally, NEVER.

Travelling so much is part of the season, I suppose. Not only are we giving presents, but we are giving our presence and our childrens' presence. It seems that with Gary and Linda, seeing Corynn and Andrew is the best gift of all so-hey. Merry Christmas! :-) All this travelling though, does really make you appreciate and value being home sweet home. There really is NO PLACE LIKE HOME.

Just walking in the door made me sigh with contentedness. I noticed an excitement in Corynn and Andrew as well. Granted, I was happily surprised we had reached home alive...and Corynn and Andrew were super enthusiastic just to be out of their carseats after 6 hours...so maybe that accounts for it all. ;-)

Last night we threw ourselves on the couch and watched a movie. The kids went to bed at 6:15 pm. Matt and I followed at 8:00. This is going to be a BUSY week but it has already started out well, because we are HOME.

And alive.

And the house didn't burn down in our absence!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Glad you're home safe! Ugh, I hate winter. Except...it isn't winter yet.

Unknown said...

Lovely photos -- it's so strange for me to be seeing these as the weather is hot and sultry here -- we swim almost every day -- and everything is in bloom.

Gena said...

Rebecca,

Your posts and pictures were beautiful. I'm so glad you made it home safely.

Strangely enough, I dreamed about you last night - you, your husband and your family. I'm not sure why, since I don't even know you except through your blog, but when I woke up this morning, I prayed for you. I don't even remember what my dream was about, but it was certainly you in it.

I catch up with you every day through your posts. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and know that someone in Georgia has you and your family in her prayers.

~ Gena

Full of Grace said...

I am thankful that you made it home safe and sound! I am also glad, that despite the weather you had a good time! I enjoyed all the lovely photos, and Matt's gift looks extra-special!!!

Carmichael Family said...

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! I miss the snow... And I agree with Elizabeth, what an amazing gift Matt received from his parents, wow! I like how you are doing your Christmas, twice, so you can really enjoy the time you spend with Matt's family and then with yours, even if there is a lot of driving involved.
Blessings,
Kate

Abigail said...

Fungi never looked so lovely. I've always loved to see them poking out rich and brown from a thick, white snow.