What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, July 25, 2008

Funnies

One from each:

Corynn, hearing that Matt will be working in an office as well as making farm calls in his new job says:

"So. If Papa works in an office, does that make him an officer?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If ever I wanted access to a video camera, today was the day.

I made the children their lunch: peanut butter and jelly and placed a mug of water beside the plate. The kids sat, prayed and began eating. I was chatting with my MIL when out of the corner of my eye, I saw Andrew doing something funny. I quieted to listen.

Holding up his one hand, filled with bread, he said solemnly " Da is bed."
Raising his water mug, he said "Da dink"

He put the mug down, took the bread and broke it saying "Bed bwoke."

Then, he bowed his head, mumbled some prayerful words and said "AMEN!"

Then took a huge bite with a fabulous grin.

Corynn and I both knew exactly what he had just done and we both started giggling.

He performed the Lord's supper masterfully!

I don't understand it when people say little children don't get anything from being in the church service. Nope. How they come up with THAT notion is beyond me.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Funny, and sweet, too.

Victoria said...

Precious blessings to smile at - even in this tumultuous time in your life.

Have a wonderful and happy weekend - with you man NOT working all through it!!!:)

Anonymous said...

My two and a half year old daughter will often alternate singing and praying when she's playing. She's imitating our church service. It's amazing what they pick up on :)

Mrs. Bowen

Andie said...

It is amazing what they pick up! (Hopefully more good than bad!) My children often "baptize" their babies in the bath tub. Bethany is even saying much of the liturgy in church even though she can't read it, she's been hearing it since she was litteraly 2 days old. She even says daddy's (the pastor) parts! Now, that's funny!

Blessings-Andie

Quinne said...

Hi Rebecca :) So sweet & funny! I would love to borrow your story of the Lord's supper for our church bulletin sometime. Would that be OK? Love, Q

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, that is amazing! You're right...little kids DO pay attention!
It's great you're recording these cute moments. I was just reading the journal I kept for my son James. He's 21 now, but he was such a little character as a child that reading old entries still cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

How cute! :):):) Be sure to right these down. :):):) Blessings, stephanie

Bonnie said...

That is to sweet! Audrey has been singing a church song with the word holy in it, and Brady has been going around singing "ho-yee", somewaht in tune to the same song. Yesterday, at church we sang Holy,Holy,Holy, and what do I hear but a sweet little boy voice singing "ho-yee" right along with us. They sure do pick up fast!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo precious! They most certainly do learn.

Kimberly