What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

These days: a photo tour



My last post was a bit on the sad side. OK, I admit it, it was totally pathetic and oozing with sentimentality.

I figured I might as well document in picture form, rather than words. It's better that way. Trust me.

There are still some good times, despite the 'yuck' around me. Like watching these two snuggling together reading. I love Corynn's crossed legs, what a lady. That's how they are raised here. Totally prim and proper. Definitely not like THIS girl who tries to pee outside like the boys.

Posted by Picasa
THAT poor girl is practically being raised by wolves. I am SO glad I am a better mother than that.

~~~~~~
One of Corynn's jobs in the packing process, is marking all the boxes. She finds great delight in this and hey, if she wants to do it, so be it. When I finish a box, I hand it over and we sound it out together as I stuff another box. Although, she is getting REALLY good at sounds them out herself. For instance, she has BOOKS memorized! And the 'oo' sound, like in 'Room' and "Booze'. Oh wait. Is that a Booze box back there? Golly, is my face red.



Being the good Christian homeschoolers that we are, I ought to rectify the situation.



There. School books is a much more appropriate box for the image I am trying to create for myself. Heaven forbid I be associated with Booze.

And then~ in the packing, we unearth some artwork that needs to be corrected. So, the family gets clothed and Bunkin gets borned and the evidence gets taped on brown.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks busy! But a good busy not an all-I do-is-work-and-you-can't-even-tell busy.
I left you a nice long reply over at the Pond.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the booze box. Too funny!

A few years ago I bought some really great funnels from a liquidation store. The only problem is that they were originally sold as beer bongs--and I never took the label off. Oy! Talk about being caught red-faced every once in a while.

Thanks for stopping by my blog recently. Hope to see you again soon.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I read and chuckle ... then laugh out loud ... then snicker again. I love your style! : )

Abigail said...

I'd love to see you send THIS lesson into the school district on a quarter report! BOOZE?!??!!!

But she's learning and doing so well! :)