What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, November 03, 2008

And then there were wings



I think this little snipe is sticking her tongue out at me...and I didn't even know it! Stinker.

After the pumpkin farm, we headed home for a few hours and then made our way out trick or treating, and then it was on to Grandma and Grandpa's house--they always enjoy the costume show.

These are the few (bad) shots I got before we left to go...Dusk will do that to you.



Yes~ the owls DID get wings. Once they made them that is!



This is the point at which Corynn said "Hey Great Horned Owl! You eat OTHER smaller owls...and I am smaller! You can eat me!" Then, the great chase.

Never have I heard an "Eat me" request though. The real Eastern Screech Owls must have been hanging their heads in shame!



At one point, a candy-giver exclaimed what a cute DUCK Andrew was. He stood upright and said in the funniest, most offended voice possible: "I no duck. I a horned Great OWL." The woman and I both laughed so hard. That was definitely a "you had to be there" moment...

It was a treaty sort of night.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Full of Grace said...

They looked so cute Rebecca! :)

Renée said...

Your children are too adorable, every time I read one of your picture posts it makes me wish hubby and I were ready... someday I'll have little owls in my house!

Abigail said...

I LOVE their masks! Really, truly love. I kinda wish the girls choose to be birds next year, because I love how your little owls look, and I have no qualms about copying.