What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, August 25, 2010


When I clicked "publish" on the BE YE FOREWARNED post on Monday, I had no idea what to expect. It was my hope to lay my position on the table so as to deter nastygrams being sent to me at the peak of my hormonally-imbalanced, sleep-deprived post-delivery euphoric state.
Of course, I had no idea that what would in fact happen would be that I would encounter the most encouraging, uplifting and supportive day in this blogs' history.

It is funny how a few harsh words can drown out the many positive ones, but I can honestly say~you have filled my "happy-tank" to brimming and I won't be needing a fill-up anytime soon, new nastygrams or not. You are all very kind to take a moment to encourage and support this very insignificant woman behind the Renaissance screen. Your kind words were a great gift to my soul.

I wanted to reiterate, also, that I deeply respect those with differing views and/or standards within their Christian walk and don't expect everyone to share mine. I am extremely thankful for that percentage, though small, of individuals who have come to me out of true concern and love. It is a joy and priviledge to be able to discuss differences without offense.

So thank you, to all who took a moment (so many!) to encourage and uplift me. Words are gifts and so is the time you spent on my behalf~small moments of kindness have added up to a heart overflowing with joy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

(((HUGS))) :D

Melodie said...

Oh no! I missed the boat on commenting yesterday!

I'm sure that I echo many of the other comments when I say that you've inspired me. Before I read your blog I was what some refer to as a cultural Christian who was decidedly feminist. Your blog was one of those I found purely on accident that showed me the way and the Truth.

Your blog radiates self-sacrifice, that children are blessings, and that its not only okay but it's wonderful to be madly in love with your husband.

I've learned photo tips, recipes, child training and all about homeschooling.

I visit as often as I can and when you don't post I go through the archives. : )

I now have purpose in my life and you played a huge part in that.
God has blessed you with wonderful gifts and talents and you use them to glorify Him. I am learning to do the same. How wonderful is that?!

Forever Thankful
God Bless,
Melodie

Tracy said...

Have you had your actual anniversary yet? I hope it's a most joyful one! My 8th anniversary seems SO long ago now- the years fly by and grow sweeter and sweeter.

This is my first big canning year, as you guessed. I've canned and frozen before but never to this extent. To answer you question- YES! I ran out of jars LONG ago. Thankfully, our grocery bills are very low in the summer due to eating fresh from the garden, and so I've invested grocery money in canning jars. Next year shouldn't be so- although we're already planning to plant more.

We grew black beans and dried them! Just one pack of seeds, mind you , in case they were a flop- but I got a gallon of dried beans, and next year we'll do more. Has been a fun and very BUSY year.

I'm praying that you have a smooth delivery, and that all of the children enjoy this new babe just as much as you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca

I've also really enjoy your blog. What I appreciate the most is that you "walk the talk" and "practice what you preach" (not that you preach to us at all :o).

I find your blog very encouraging and many times I've wished that I lived near you to actually meet you in person and strike up a friendship with you. I LOVE that you speak about your faith and beliefs openly. I also love that you do this humbly. I know for sure we are sisters in Christ, for what you write about is exactly what we believe as well.

I pray that all may go well in the days ahead, that you may be given the strength and health needed in the birth of Smooch.

Michelle

Unknown said...

Just returning the favor. A small measure of what you have given me without even knowing. I feel so bad it took that post to delurk. My choices are so different from yours. I come from a different culture. But I have many things in common with you, more than you ever know.
I've been judged a lot by christians too for simple things like not wearing skirts and as not being 'biblically feminine'. Had verses thrown at me and everything. In my culture pants are considered modest :). Showing of legs you see. So I am very hesitant where I delurk. I think we as christians have so much in common if we only focus on Christ and not on things such as theology, politics, what constitutes 'modesty' etc if we meet others who do not agree with us. Only God himself knows everyone's heart and He decides our path. Which may be different for each one of us.
You are very creative in how you do things and have a very powerful voice. You may consider yourself humble, but believe me you have no idea how this little blog touches people. You are being used, more than people who have blogs that criticize you IMO. Because you have a way of speaking which is inclusive that people see past what they do not agree with to what you mean. You are like the publican, not the pharisee of the parables. So many blogs sound pharisee like whether they mean to or not.

God bless you and thank you for letting me copy your ideas and sorry for not delurking before.

Regina said...

((((hugs))))