What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jalapeno Surprise


One of our egg customers left us a pleasant surprise in our cooler the other day~ beautiful jalapenos, enough for one batch of jelly.

All of our peppers (sweet and spicy) STUNK this year so that is one more batch than I thought we would get!


The quiet little moments of kindness are the ones that astound me most.

6 comments:

stephaniegiese said...

How sweet of them to do that for you. I wanted o thank you for turning me on to peach seconds last year.Our local orchards have them on sale this week (up to 50 pounds for $15 at some of them)I just bought my first batch and am going to try canning peaches for the first time tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos!!! So bright & clear...yay for kind & generous souls!

julievk said...

Your beautiful outlook on life humbles me more often than not.

Thank you for that.

I was wondering if you'd like some Lemon Balm or Chocolate Mint. The same woman that made Sam's twirly dress shares plants with me and I've had both for over a year now without killing either (a true feat for me) and I'd be happy to share some...with the stipulation that you understand that apparently they spread uncontrollably for everyone...but me... :)

Julie

Rebecca said...

Julie~ Thank you for the comment! I have some lemon balm but I would LOVE chocolate mint! THANK YOU, THANK YOU! See you today ;-)

Full of Grace said...

That IS a nice surprize :)

Ruth Hicks said...

I've never been a big fan of peppers but on our vacation we stuffed peppers with cream cheese and alot of the family enjoyed them. Just an idea:)