What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, July 02, 2012

Sundries

"Thanks are the highest forms of thought. Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."~ G.K.Chesterton 

gifts # 867- 882 shared out loud.



~ a sewing project which is turning out remarkably well...plus, it is just nice to watch her.

~ A Little Prince(ess)

 ~ a local farmer who rents our fields did the haying last week.  Andrew was engrossed in the whole thing.  59 round bales and a fistful of haywagons loaded with square bales later- we can see the neighbors house again!  And the sky looks, oddly, bigger.

~ a fern flower from my hubby (see.  I get flowers too Bonnie! So there!)


~ making a homemade net for pollywog hunting and minnow catching.  Here, he sews it round.a hanger frame.

 ~ no more beautiful roses.  And only once they were gone did I remember I wanted to make rose water and rose petal jelly.  WHOOPS.

 ~ his laugh

 ~ the first small harvest of lavender

and some not-pictured:

~ the start of a treehouse (finally, a start!)
~ a brand new tractor that we are NOT buying (thank the Lord!)
~ a middle-of-the week day off for the husband, coming up!!
~ milk.  It is just so good.
~ a too-long put-off visit with friends
~ a new bit of crochet.  It's been a while.

I recently began reading the book COMMON SENSE 101-- Lessons from G.K.Chesterton and am really loving it.  Every page I think " oh my goodness.  I must write this down..." and then he continues and I realize I said that about an entire page.  I could quote you pages and pages, but I will refrain and give you this little one for today.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders; but only for want of wonder.  There are no dreary sights, only dreary sightseers."   pg. 27

 holy experience



8 comments:

ann said...

Visiting from the Multitudes on Mondays community... what beautiful photography... so glad I stopped by here today.

Bonnie said...

Corynn looks FAR to grown up sitting there. It kind of makes me hurt a little.

Fantastic fabric.

I think that is one of my favorite pictures of Adele.

Both my boys would've been glued to the haying. JB now yells "Bayo! Bayo" when he sees round bales.

Totally impressed by Andrew.

Tootles!

Fern flowers- Gorgeous!

Woo-hoo for a tractor!

I've had one cutting of lavender, and I think there is enough for a second.

Bonnie said...

I have NO idea why the "Tootles" showed up in the middle of that post, it was supposed to be at the end.

Unknown said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! Her handicraft work is Amazing!! Hannah would never sit for that. Though I wish she would *sniff*
Beautiful flowers, beautiful bouquet, beautiful post!

Unknown said...

Beautiful list!!! I STILL have not bought stamps, so your letter sits forlornly on the ledge! SOON! :)

Rebecca said...

Ann~ thank you for stopping and, especially, for saying so!

Bonnie~ actually, it is YOO HOO for a NOT tractor! (You missed a VERY important word there!) It was a hard decision for my hubby because the shiny blue paint was beckoning him something fierce, but he was wise and good and true and put it off, knowing that we really couldn't afford it presently. It was his godly and wise discretion that I was actually thankful for. And now, I am on a one-woman crusade to save him enough money so he can get that tractor a.s.a.p. (having the money FIRST, buying later.)

Quinn~ thank you! I was impressed with her work too, as the last time she sat to sew it was....interesting. I told her she may even be able to enter it into the county fair in August, if she works diligently. ;-)

Bonnie said...

Ah-ha! I read that and was thinking a brand new to *you* and it was being gifted!
Yep, very good decision!

Kimberly said...

It is all so wonderful!
The guy that does the hay came by last night at dinner time. We ate outside to watch the show. It is so nice to see across the fields again, isn't it?