What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday Stuff



Instead of the bullet posts, today I am just going to summarize.

In summary.... I worked in the Granary all day.  I finished switching over cold-weather clothes for all the children.  I moved big heavy things from the top to the bottom of the granary so that the only thing in the upstairs of the granary was attic stuff (no garbage, no barn stuff, no random stuff).  I looked in too many bins, through too many clothes, for too many minutes hours.  I brought baskets of clothes back to the house.  Basically, I worked like a dog.


Now here I am~ my fingers are numb, my arms are limp and my feet are sore.  And I am wondering if pizza two nights in a row (this time, store bought) might be in order for tonight.  Sitting down Driving to pick up a pizza sounds wonderful right about now.  Or maybe not.  Maybe I will just say "Have at the cereal, y'all." in my best redneck voice and then pass out on the couch.

Come to think of it~ I can't pass out just yet.  Somehow, I will need to muster up enough gumption to get these children bathed.  And bake bread for communion tomorrow.  Oh yeah....and made a batch of homemade toothpaste because I PROMISED my eager children that it would be done by the end of the week.  ugh.

Tomorrow is the sabbath so I don't intend to work any more than I have to.  After church, I will likely write a letter or two, crochet a bit, possibly fall asleep, and just plain chill out.

The Lord is good to us to give us sabbath rests. 

You have yerselves a good weekend, y'all. We'll be a seein' you folks come Monday.

(I've become terribly good at redneck since marrying Matt.  HA!)

 

 Edited to add: You'll be happy to know (or rather, I am happy to SAY) that I did, in fact, rustle up food other than pizza OR cereal for my family and not only did I bathe the children, make communion bread (and a loaf for us) and make homemade toothpaste...but I also shredded six zucchini to freeze, made muffins and breakfast bread for tomorrow morning, put all the clean laundry away, took all the kitchen equipment I have been using lately (roaster oven, canner, pressure canner, Foodsaver, crockpot, etc.) back where they belong AND did the dishes.  The realization that it MUST be done can be very motivating, it turns out.  Having supper helps too.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

It's plain as plain Judah was having a good time!
I dug out cold weather clothes yesterday. It took me all of about a minute and a half because WE HAVE NONE. Older same gender children's sizes are not jiving with current small children's sizes seasonaly. That probably made no sense. No matter. I'm not always in the habit of making sense.

Pizza 2 days in a row is perfectly acceptable, talk Corynn through the bread, and how cold is it outside? A sprinkler/hose, bar of soap and 4 nekkid children???

I have potatoes to go peel. Pizza sounds better.
TTFN
Me

P.S. Yes, I was wearing non maternity jeans. I won't tell you the shocking size. They were hand me downs and too big when I got them. Knew I could fix that problem. 8-P

Unknown said...

Love the photo of Judah by your summer kitchen! :) LOVED THESE POSTS!!! My internet was down/sporadic again >:{ so I missed out! It was fun catching up! Got your letter! THANK YOU! :) The hobbit house thing was a joke...;) I'm just trying to reorganize, repurpose, clean, & spiff up the place a little...it's going slowly! :)

ulli said...

Love the pics of Judah. He clearly enjoys being a boy! Glad you got it all done--and then some. You go girl!

Leah T. said...

What a busy and productive day you had! I'm so thankful for Sabbath days, too. Judah looks like he was having lots of fun. :) Would you mind sharing your toothpaste recipe with me?

Rebecca said...

AMy~ I feel your pain! Slow and steady wins the race!

Thanks Ulli!

Leah~ Here is my toothpaste recipe. I have been intending to post the recipe for over a year now. Oh well.

1/2 c. baking soda
1 t. salt
15-20 pkts. Xylitol

(I grind this all up with a mortar & pestle) then add

about 1/4 c glycerine (or enough to make a thick gel/paste) and peppermint oil to taste.

Out of thrift I first began using peppermint extract (about 3 t.) but it never suited me. I now use peppermint OIL and it makes ALL the difference in the WORLD. Totally worth the expense. I used about 15-20 drops-but unfortunately, I didn't measure.

Leah T. said...

Thank you so much, Rebecca! :)