What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Easterly

A few weeks ago we hosted a post-Easter Easter party with my side of the family. My brothers weren't able to be there (*sniff*  We missed them!) but pretty much everyone else was. I took very few photos but here they are.

The table before more food arrived.  Hot foods and drinks were elsewhere.


Thank you Aldi, for your fancy cheeses. 

These chocolate bunnies are actually two Easters old.  I bought them before Easter two years ago to give to my children in lieu of Easter baskets and then, didn't for whatever reason.  Then this Easter they were sick.  So I used them as decorations at the post Easter Easter instead.  The children ate them for snack later in the week.  Food for thought: they look and taste as good as ever even two years old.  This is creepy to me.  Very creepy.

I have no pictures of my own children. 

Aletta and Cassandra were apparently more appealing subjects at the time.  :-)

My nephew Samuel got a birthday present.  Most of the children at this point were outside playing.

But clearly, my children have present radar.  PS.  Now you know my not-quite-as-hidden-as-I-thought hiding spot for the orange bouncy ball when it is not in use.  (oops.)

Two of Aletta, looking sweet in a rocking chair and sunshine.


My own version of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.  I made it for my Mom, whose birthday was the next day.  She doesn't LOVE cake, so an ICE CREAM cake was a good solution.  And this one was DE-LISH.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Dear Rebecca,

PLEASE post the recipe for your ice cream cake!! :) I could lick the computer screen right now! (which is gross LOL)

Melissa

Veronica said...

Yes. What Melissa said!! Please post the recipe for your ice cream cake. I am not a big fan of cake either...and I love chocolate-covered pretzels! :)

Julian said...

Pretty table,yummy looking food, lots of family,looks fun! Christina

Abigail said...

Lovely!

Well worth the wait.