What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, August 01, 2013

A Week of Lists: Last Chance!


Well.  Since tomorrow is the Library Ladies' Brunch in the Garden Party (phew.  That was a mouthful.) today is the last day of prepping for this weekends' company.  The fact that it is drippy and dribbling outside puts a bit of a cramp in my style- but if it stays dry tomorow and Saturday, I won't complain about today.

Tomorrow afternoon I will be able to do food prep for the reunion on Saturday- but everything else needs to be done at the close of today.  It's going to be a busy one....

 * tie ribbon around candle for Aunt Margie.  Write a birthday card.
* Tidy bedroom and sweep floor.
* Gather tablecloths for outside
 * make/glitter butterflies for flower vases
* fill vases with flowers (for house and tables) (I did 14 in all!)
* soak beans
* brown sausage and bacon
* make breakfast bites
* prepare hashbrown casserole, bake tomorrow morning
* make two batches of lemonade (one to freeze into ice clumps)
* make food flags (?)
* make two batches of peppermint tea (one to freeze into ice clumps)
* sweep dining room floor
* mop dining room floor
* clean bathroom (Corynn)
* clean girls' room (girls)
* clean boys' room (boys)
* make quiche
* go uptown for last-minute things (I forgot hotdog rolls!  dork.)
* sweep kitchen floor
* have Matt bring out my party barrel
* take any yard sale books/duplicates to granary
* clean mudroom (Andrew and Adele')
* dinner:  chicken wraps, applesauce
* weed whack flower circle
* fill (and place) tiki torches and put citronella candles in jars with beans
* dishes
* take down fly paper
* empty garbage and take burnables to barn

Well.  I didn't get to quite everything I had hoped.  Which means two things:

1) I am going to wake up early tomorrow!  Is 5 am early enough?
2) My flower circle isn't going to be weed-whacked before the library party.  

Ah well.  I just made the bouquets for the tables and I seriously doubt anyone will notice the high grass around the flower circle when there are bouquets of gorgeousness right in front of their noses.  Man, do I love flowers.  And MAN, do I love parties that allow me to gather up bunches and bunches and bask in them.  And MAN do I love this time of year when these bunches of lovely don't cost me a penny.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  See you next week!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I seriously just thought "Oh I can make the flags for you!" Just hadn't occurred to me how I planned to get them to you.
Bacon can be done in the oven, and so can sausage unless it's crumbled.
Can Corynn do the food flags? Or make the tea/lemonade?
Please take just 1 picture when you have an eith of a second so we can all pretend we're there...

mary said...

Have a great party. Make that parties and take pictures !! No excuses of living life and not documenting it for us :D