What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, January 02, 2014

On the 6th Day of Christmas...



...we had a game night!

I used to love me some grown-up game nights once upon a time.  Then, all our friends (and ourselves) started having children and game nights became less do-able, eventually becoming non-existent.

Well, this year I broke down and bought a grown-up game I have heard great things about called CURSES.  (Grown up game?  Curses?  This is starting to sound indecent!  I assure you, it is all very innocent.)  I am determined to have a grown up game night again.  When the children grow into teenagers, I am going to be the kind of mom to stay up and play games with them (when they probably wish I would just go to bed already.)  :-)

In the meantime, it was fun breaking out the kid games during dinner.  Especially catching Corynn in a slow-motion Jenga grimace.  ;-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN!! I loved game night when the kids were little. Now its back to Old Maid and Go Fish with the grandkids. Love her expression. Great that you were able to catch it!

Miranda Hupp said...

We LOVE game night!

Corynn's face is great! :)

Bonnie said...

That last one is GREAT! I confess, I'm not much of a game player though. I am NOT competitive. (Much to B.'s chagrin)

Tracy said...

We LOVE games, each and every one of us. Curses is fun.

Leah T. said...

Love the picture of Corynn! :)

I love games, too! Ans so do the children. Scott, not so much. We did get the children a game for Christmas called Made for Trade and he actually played that one... once. LOL