What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, January 03, 2014

On the 8th Day of Christmas...


...Mama handed out yarny gifts for all.  

felted sweater hat and extra long mittens (to stay tucked into coat sleeves)

a stripey cowl using all the childrens' favorite colors

manly mittens

a bonnet/scarf
I was so close to having enough yarn to finish Adele's bonnet/scarf but I ran out before I could make the scarf long enough.  I ended up adding a bit of purple to each end and making little button circles to try to make it look like it was intentional.    So close.


a neckwarmer to match his hat, perfect for chore-time.

8 comments:

Julian said...

Such a nice job! I know everyone was pleased! I made my biys camo scarves. Im not good enough to make hats or mittens. Just scarves or blankets. Really like the color choices!:)
Christina

Unknown said...

Yay for Handmade! I think Adele's is my favorite because it is completely unique! I am sure she loves it! Great job mama!

Mary P said...

They're all beautiful! I'm with Julian - I myself only make basic blankets or straight scarves. One of these days (or years) I'll learn how to read a pattern, but that's been on my "things-I-want-to-do-when-I-get-caught-up-with-normal-life" list for some years now :-) How special that you can make everyone homemade gifts!

Rozy Lass said...

They are all wonderful, especially the bonnet/scarf! Where can I get the pattern? that is exactly what I would like for myself for cold, windy Iowa.

lydia.purple said...

I love the picture of Andrew, not only is he handsome, but he looks so confident and loving!

terricheney said...

Honestly, I'd never have known Adele's bonnet was meant to be one tone if you hadn't shared that you ran out of yarn. All the crafts look so lovely and cozy warm.

I've just caught up with your world since Christmas. Looks like you are creating lovely memories with the children. We had a tradition shakedown this year. Time to find new ones, I guess. It hurt me to give up our old way and I thought the kids didn't care at all, but found they were as shaken by the need as I was. Somehow it helped, lol.

Jill said...

Hi Rebecca. Are you going to the PA Farm show in Harrisburg? I'll bet Andrew would love it. I am very excited to go. I haven't been there for 3 years. I am going to get my fill of chickens, cows, goats, bunnies, and alpacas! Not to mention the food.

Rebecca said...

Christina, Mary, Rozy Lass~ if you can crochet a square or rectangle, you can make a bonnet like the one I made for Adele'. It is really just two rectangles measured to fit one head... the first rectangle for the hood (which is then folded in half and the back seam sewed up) and the second rectangle for how wide and long you would have the scarf be. That is then sewn on as well.

Lydia- you see my Andrew just as he is! I loved your comment.

Terri- may the Lord surprise you with even better traditions for the future!

Jill- funny you should ask. We are not, but I happen to have a hubby who is setting up a table at the York show this week...hence, my loneliness. I hope we can get out there some time ourselves...