What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, September 08, 2018

The Month That Was: August

























































kiddy ziplines::  Hanging with Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Mary:: new puppies:: juicy peaches:: pony rides:: hottub sitting:: amusement parks:: animal parks:: camping with friends:: flowers ablaze:: berry pickin':: skinny dippin':: driving, driving, driving:: tomatoes ripening:: handmedownridingmowersthatdon'tmowbutdohaulhappychildrenhitherandyon:: flooding everywhere:: firewood splitting:: swampy overgrown gardens:: August.

It was quite a month.

Out of breath and head awhirl, I have to somehow rein in the jumbled, weedy, untended mess that my mind, garden, children, chores and home became this summer.  It is time for organized school shelves.  Cool weather clothes.  Weekly school schedules.  Structured days.  Bookwork.  Brainpower.  Mopped floors.  Dusted corners.  Prioritizing not procrastinating.  It's time to turn my attention to all that I've been neglecting.

I feel ready for the end results, perhaps...the structured school days and the learning and the tidied home and the sweaters and canned tomatoes and the fallishness in the air but I don't feel ready in the slightest to do the dirty work of 'getting there'.  And there is a lot of 'getting there' to be done before any thing really productive can happen.

4 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Love these pics! August is always so fun! Our school started Aug 2- you are lucky!

Amy Marie said...

Sigh. I hear you, friend. Loved, loved your letter. You are in my thoughts and prayers. <3 I will WBS! :D

Abigail said...

These images are beautiful, particularly those of your girls picking berries and visiting Queen Anne. That one of Ineke splashing in the creek stopped me still.

Three more notes--
*Uncle Jonathon has a HOT TUB?! Ask if he has room for 12 more.(We are munchkin-size.)
*Do I spy lovely Elizabeth? Yay! It's been so long since I've seen her that a post featuring her practically feels like we're hanging out. :)
*Ditto to your thoughts. I've been feeling it for a few weeks without much improvement. Hopefully you're further along the path. :)

Abigail said...

Too many smilies.
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)