What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

First Day of Fall



















I didn't intend to disappear for 3 weeks on the blog right when I have a new baby to show off.  It wasn't even that I was super busy, or postpartum recovery or snuggling or sleeping too much.  (Definitely not sleeping too much...) 

Mostly, it is the fact that with the sixth baby, I now have four children old enough to operate a camera, three devices on which to take pictures and FIVE children who constantly want pictures of them holding the baby.  We are positively inundated with pictures and since I am the sort that never prints pictures but instead posts them here for posterity (until the internet dies and we lose them all)...blogging seemed like a project too daunting to begin. 

Like the inevitable clothing-switch over.  (That still needs to happen.)

And homeschooling (that really should start some time.)

But where to begin?  And how?

Just take the next step.  Do the next thing.

I have declared this my last week of 'maternity leave' which means NEXT week school begins officially.  (It HAS to at some point...though I try and convince myself it doesn't every single day.)  As anyone who homeschools knows, there will be precious little time to do anything extra at that point, so this week is my Cram-As-Much-In-As-Possible week. 

As such, I'll be trying to get caught up here, there, and everywhere.  You'll be seeing more of me soon.  VERY soon.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures I took of Moses for birth announcements and thank you notes. 

(The goldenrod made me do it.)

5 comments:

Angela said...

This is like what I think a birth announcement in Narnia would look like, or a little faery prince. Amazing.

Rain said...

He's beautiful. And so is your photography and 'set design'. Prayers for a smooth transition back into schooling!

Anne said...

Hello! Congrats on your precious new bundle! I'm new to your blog and loving it. I found it via Ravelry actually. We made one of the same patterns. These pictures with goldenrod and the crown are precious!

Abigail said...

These are beautiful! He is beautiful!

Three cheers for bossy goldenrod! You'll hear no complaints from this quarter if it forces you into another photo shoot for October. :)

Full of Grace said...

Beautiful Photos, Beautiful Baby Boy <3