What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Way Back In June


~ I went for a morning WOG, (that would be a walk/jog, for those non-athletic sorts such as myself) looked up and saw my friends Hot Air Ballooning overhead!  What a strange and interesting life I lead and what interesting friends I have!


~ I went for an evening WOG and saw what I suspect will be the closest I ever come to witnessing the Lord's pillars of clouds and of fire.


~ I decided to make it a point to harvest strawberries and scapes early and often, rather than late and in one fell swoop.  Novel, I know.


~ Adele' looked entirely too grown up for my liking.


~ Judah worked on his TrailLife badges, including the Family Man- in which he made us all meals!  





~ A crinkle eyed girl shot out gladness from the doorway


~ Moses turned into a beetle


~ Promises made preparations


~ I smelled old fashioned roses by my bedside each night that I could.



~ Peonies got some sort of blight which rotted the amazing blossom balls before they bloomed and spoiled most of the flowers...but I enjoyed the ones I got.




~ Judah won Spirit of the Troop in his Trail Life group


~ We tried (again) to rid ourselves of excess nailpolish




~ Corynn's poppies showed off


~ We finally got ourselves a cow again!  Maybe we can start to call ourselves almost-farmers again?







~ We danced 'til we wore out our shoes...and then we danced barefooted.



Three Mamas all celebrated finishing end-of-the-year homeschooling paperwork (and the completion of another year on the books) with porch rocking and sippin' on strawberry daiquiri's.  

Friend time is very rare and awfully special.



~ We celebrated this handsome fella on Father's Day with a honkin' breakfast sandwich.  
(He is easy to please...)



~ Hope unfurled


~ God worked His everyday miracles, as He always does.


~ And I tried my darndest to see them. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful images, and memories I'm sure!

Full of Grace said...

loved seeing all the photos <3 Life is Good and So is God.