What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, October 19, 2007

Go(ing) away!



Now that the weather has cooled off again, our home has become a ladybug magnet. I guess the warmth of the sun is soaked into the brick, and apparently, bugs like that, especially the Little Red kind. Whenever I open our front door, we have to run through a cloud of red. They get in our hair (at best) and INSIDE (at worst.)

No fun at all. I never have been fond of ladybugs. The only 'luck' they bring me is bad. I wish they would just go away.



I have been very busy this week, and I have so much that I would have liked to share had it not been for this 'pesky' love story of ours I am chronicling.

I have done baking and cooking (there is nothing more motivating than a freezing cold house to get you in the baking mood!), tons of reading and LOTS of sewing. Specifically, an entire quilts worth of quilt blocks (only a SLIGHT exaggeration), matching outfits for the kids/Halloween costumes, and my new favorite handmade baby gift, all projects that have kept my fingers nimble and my machine humming away. So at some point next week, hopefully, you will get some more recipes, a sneak peek on my nightstand and some glimpses into my projects of late.

All the stitching that ever gets done is during daily rest time and after the children are tucked into their beds at night. I think my machine has hummed its lullaby to the children quite reliably all week. Perhaps it is due to this that Corynn asked me if she could sew yesterday. I was surprised but pleased that she found interest in something I find interest in and right away let her choose a solid fabric and thread. Of course, pink was her color of choice.



This is as far as she got before she lost patience. I was doing other things at the time, though. I think perhaps, if she asks again, I will gather up a stitching project of my own and sit with her. I imagine her attention span would greatly lengthen if I were to do that. :-)

Now about that 'pesky' love story:

I say 'pesky' because the juicy, wonderfully good stuff has yet to come. Instead, I am just conjuring up those dark memories I have pushed far down into the recesses of my brain for so long; pivotal points in my life, but not necessarily ones I look on with particular fondness.

It seems that the telling of our tale is a bit longer than I had expected. I afraid of how long this is going to take. I will try and have it done by 10 parts. Being a Mama, I only have small increments of time to work with, and being who I am, I want to make sure I include every detail of importance. So bear with me, please.

As for you three, who seem as interested as I in my very own love story, I leave you this.

A going away gift as we head out for a short and sweet weekend trip.

:-)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Andie said...

Rebecca, thank you for giving us a bit more of your story...:o) I'm thinking I might do the same type of thing on my blog, telling my story of how I met and fell in love with Warren....even if I don't write it out, you've made it come to my mind a bit more lately, and that's always nice!
Have a great time on your little trip!
Blessings-
Andie

Mom2fur said...

Enjoy your trip!
And your daughter is like me...I only like to work a little at a time, too. It's probably why I have 17,000 wips. But, eventually, most of it does get done.
Now I'm off to read your continuing love story...

Smith Family said...

OH I am on the edge of my chair waiting for each part of the "love story" Thanks for sharing your life with us. Marcy

Charree said...

I am sure that Corynn will really enjoy sewing whenever you will get to sit next to her and sew as well. I used to love doing things like that with my mom.

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Pharris said...

Loving your story, Rebecca! I'm just now getting around to commenting on that wonderful Martin Luther quote as well. I loved it so much I placed it in one of this weekend's entries, lol.

Have a great weekend!

smilnsigh said...

Awwwwwww, sorry. I like Ladybugs. But not an infestation of them. Nope, not when they come like that.

Mari-Nanci
And my Daily City Photo blog is at..
Photos-City-Mine