What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend Review: Ithaca Farmers Market

We are back from our short weekend away. So much happened, so much to show. I have just spent the morning (no exxaggeration!) posting all the photos from the few days away and my time has all been spent up-but I will spill forth a few choice words (heehehe) just to set the scene.

Friday I worked my tail off in preparations for our trip. I was determined to make a new precendence for trips...that is, to leave the house LOVELY and in doings so-make it more welcoming to return home to. How many times do we STRUGGLE to finish last minute packing and then leave the house an absolute disaster? If you are anything like me, that is just what has always happened.

SO, I made small goals. "If nothing else, I MUST get this done". Then, I did it -and said it again "If nothing ELSE gets done, THIS must get done." Then, off I would go to finish the task and so it went. After just a few short hours I had:

watered the plants
emptied ALL garbages
cleaned the bathroom
washed, dried and folded ALL laundry
made three loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread to take with us as gifts
cleaned the desk in the kitchen off
paid the bills
cleaned the childrens' rooms and my own
made all beds
vacuumed

and then did all the packing and such.

When we returned home last night~the house was immaculate and stepping into my clean home (that I had forgotten WOULD be clean) was SO burdenlifting. I was 100% more at peace with coming home, knowing that I could just RELAX. So, while I HAVE wasted much of the morning posting these photos, I COULD! ;-)

By far, the most photo-worthy happenings of our trip was our visit to the Ithaca Farmers market.

If ever you happen to be round the parts of Ithaca NY during a weekend, you should seek it out. The culture there! The BeAUTY! The as-big-as-your-face cinnamon rolls! The HARD CIDER and wine tastings! The locally made Gouda Cheese! Delicious!


You could tell the loyal customers by the gorgeous baskets they carried about, filling up with goods. So many people had them and surely, had there been a stand to buy them, I might have had to. But, thankfully, there wasn't so I wasn't tempted to buy something I don't really need.



Oh mannnn.....YUM!


These little peppers were just so cute...and very dangerous, I imagine.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amanda said...

HI!! Me again...we live not too far from each other...I am about 20 minutes northwest of Syracuse. I have a friend that lives in Candor, NY...about 20 minutes south of Ithaca. Gorgeous photos of the market!! Seems like you and your family had a WONDERFUL weekend!
And, yes, that tree is amazing!

Unknown said...

A morning at a farmer's market is one of the most divine things I can imagine. I hate shopping for clothes, homewares etc with a passion -- but adore food shopping. And the produce at markets is usually so good, too. Glad you had a lovely time away (and well done on the tidy house -- that's always a priority for me).

Full of Grace said...

I loved the photo of the baked goods- it looked like it came right out of a book about France :)

inspired said...

I love Farmers Markets! I have never experienced one quite like that one! How wonderful!

Stephanie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/inspired/

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I just jumped over from Elizabeth's blog to see pictures from your weekend. They are really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What fun!