What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Mama's Life



Here is a picture of a cup of iced tea.

Here is the story about this particular cup of iced tea.

Yesterday I was out on the patio, flipping through a cookbook and sipping my iced tea when Corynn brought me four stones, a treasure for each one of us. I 'ooh'ed and aahhhed and thanked her for her overwhelming generosity when the mailman came. I am expecting some recently ordered homeschool books, so I went straightaway to the mailbox, practically skipping in anticipation. Sure enough-when I opened the door, there were lovely thick manila envelopes!

I went back to my seat and began the process of ripping the papers to reveal my REAL treasures, when suddenly, all that work had made me a bit parched. So I took a drink and noticed...four stones at the bottom of my cup!

Andrew was nowhere to be found, so I knew he was the culprit. I laughed and told Corynn, and she got this horrible 'ick' look on her face and said "You drank from that!" I said, "Ah yes! and I will again! Such is the life of a mother."

One of the books that came was a book I bought as a first day of homeschooling present for Corynn, a surprise for that special day. I quickly wrapped it again in paper and took it inside. Only moments later, Corynn comes in excitedly holding forth a dripping hand. "Look Mama! I got those stones out for you!" How is that? SIGH. I can only imagine...

As if reading my thoughts, she said "Yep. I just reached right in grabbed them all. I am a little soaked now."

Ah-the taste of grubby hands in my tea.

But again~what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? And a bit of hand grime won't kill me. After all, such is the life of a mother.

I head back to my seat out of doors and settle in to look at the books when again, thirst strikes. I go to sip my tea and there, right inside the cup is now a chewed up and spit out gourd.

And I give up.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, if hand grime killed us, there wouldn't be a good mommy left on earth. Bad mommies, you know, turn up their noses at stone tea!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, and for the record...spit out gourd is not on the list of 'must be drunk by mommy' teas.

Charree said...

That story is way to funny... I love the way you ended it.