What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, January 21, 2005

Chicks and chokes.

All this homesteading talk has got me thinking. I remember last year, when I stopped at Tractor Supply I saw this area with tiny itty bitty chirping sounds. I was so excited to see a bunch of chicks in there. I was so excited to show Corynn-but this was last year and so she was smaller and less interested than she would be now. Anyway-I was dumbfounded when I saw the sign and it read these chicks were for sale for $ .89 a piece. I thought-"oh my goodness! A real live living creature that can grow up and provide eggs and meat for you costs less than a cheeseburger at McDonalds that is swallowed up with momentary satisfaction." The only long-lasting benefits of a cheeseburger is the added insulation it provides in winter. How's that for a dollar spent?!

3 comments:

Scott M Terry said...

Can you have chickens in "Downtown Candor" ?
Better have Matt start building it.

Scott M Terry said...

Can you have chickens in "Downtown Candor" ?
Better have Matt start building it.

trawlerman said...

cheeseburgers do get really difficult to take care of after several months. and a little chick could always be let go. cheeseburgers tend to hang around where you set them down. but, i'll tell you, if you leave your cheeseburger laying around for long enough it will eventually get as furry as the cutest little chick. it might even start to make noise. at least your stomach will if you eat the cheeseburger.