What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Blah Blah Blah.

The Tuesday before Valentine's day,
when all through the house,
not a creature was stirring....
except a Mama who is going stir-crazy! :-)

This post if chock full of nothingness. Feel free to skip altogether....
I have the intrinsic desire (nay rather...urge) to say something to someone-though I mustn't because my two loves are both resting and Matt has already talked to me about talking to myself...that leaves only my blog and the possible readers that live in my computer and come out to play only at night when I too, will sleep peacefully.
Yesterday I was busy busy busy-working (and FINISHING!) Matt's surprise. I also wrapped his presents and put them under the Cupid Tree. Big Mistake. He wants to open them all now (not a surprise...he can NEVER wait until his birthday...) but the problem is...I am so excited for him to see his presents, so seeing them is tempting me to give in! EEK! I finished off four rolls of wrapping paper (and each one contained hardly enough to wrap the packages)...that's what I get for saving every scrap of paper! I made Rynnie-Roo a rain stick out of one tube. She likes it but was using it as an oar for her laundry basket rowboat, instead of it's intended purpose Oh well. :-)
Today is garbage day and when I went to put out the garbage, I noticed our Landlady had put out a filing cabinet. The drawers are in good shape but the rest is all rusted. BUT-we have been needing one since Matt is obsessed with making three ring binders for every subject available. So, I got out some of Matt's camo gear and painted my face, I gathered my hair to the top of my head and put on a knit face mask. Looking around to make sure I wouldn't be seen, I snuck out-crouching...slowly...and then made the move RUNNING full throttle back to the house. Once inside, I was welcomed with cheers from Corynn who then proceeded to put me on her shoulders and bounce me around in a victory hu-rah. (Events slightly exxagerated for comical purposes.) Needless to say, I had to move furniture around to make the added piece look okay in the house (once covered by a scrap of fabric-the rust didn't show at all...hardly. hehehe) But then, moving the furniture around made me realize the yucky dustbunnies that have been successfully hiding from me these past few months. Don't you hate how one such project turns into a TON of different projects?!?!
I still have so much to do that I wanted to get done-but didn't since my day switched gears.
~I need to make Valentine's and write some letters.
~I want to change our room all around...it just isn't conducive to our needs right now since the only light we have it squished in the corner and we have to walk all over our bed to get to it. I hate that this house has no overhead lighting. Grrrrrrr...
~A few things to be mended has turning into a large pile that I NEED to do. Clothes I haven't been able to wear, though I have had them for years, will be like having something new when I actually get to wear them again!
~Mom gave me a bunch of magazines-I love it but now I have such I pile I need to go through them, cut out recipes, helpful tidbits, and ideas and THROW THE REST AWAY!
~I really want to make Matt some special birthday goodies....heart shapes and all. I got to get to it!
~I am currently working on a price comparison sheet for groceries. I need to put it in spreadsheet form.
~I have letters and stories to write! :-)
~I have bills to pay and money to manage....I DON'T look forward to this!
~I bought the flannel for Corynn's nightgowns....I just have to do it now.

Oh-there is lots more but I just don't feel like wasting any more time writing it. On a positive note, The beginning of Febrary I began to use a "Read the Bible in a Year" study for my personal devotions and I have begun eating breakfast with Corynn and reading her a Psalm in the morning while she eats. Each day I read from three books...currently, Luke, Genesis, and Psalms. As I read, I write something down pertaining to what I read from each book....whether it be a summary, an interesting verse, or questions. I am very pleased with how things are working out. For a very long time, I just wasn't motivated to sit down and read on my own but I look forward to it with all eagerness now. I realize it has only been a week, but that is much longer than I have lasted in previous attempts to get a devotion/study schedule...and I have never felt such eagerness to open God's words and fellowship with him.

Well-we plan to go to Scott and Leah's tonight to help out with the trailer....so that means I have to get dinner done early. Though it is only 3:00, I had better get started. Tonight we are having Carmel Apple Pork Chips, Cous Cous, buttered green beans, and a corn "souffle" (not really a souffle-it is just a wet cornbread casserole or sorts...) Until next time........


3 comments:

Abigail said...

first: the garbage of others is a great way to stock a house. in this room alone, there are four pieces of rescued furniture that we've saved from a sure demise. hurrah for you for the rescue!

second: i'm becoming increasingly curious about the nature of matt's presents. (just one teensy hint...???)

third: mmmm. yummy supper.

fourth: bills and budgeting. bah, humbug. (thanks for the reminder. i need to do the same, in addition to filing taxes, consolidating john's new school loans, and filling out this year's FAFSA. blah. double blah.)

fifth: mmmmmmmm. really yummy supper! do you usually make such a well-balanced spread? if so, i'm utterly impressed....for real.

Rebecca said...

I am always amazed when I look around our house at all the stuff we got for free...whether it was given to us or picked up off the side of the road. Some things were bought at rummage sales or second hand-but we have only bought our bed, our kitchen island, and our dining room set new-and the dining room set was bought at wholesale prices... Sometimes I get antsy for something new, I'll admit, but most times I feel truly blessed to have such a nice home with nice furnishings that people have been gracious to share with us so that we wouldn't NEED to buy anything new.

As for food, one of my favorite topics...I thought it sounded good too. Matt loves pork chops-Pork is his favorite meat, but I think they are so-so. I always make them soaked in some kind of goodness-and sweets is my favorite so Caramal Apple sounded right up my alley. They turned out pretty good too. I usually make two or three meals like that a week, one boring meal-and the rest of the time we eat leftovers. Leftovers get old, but I am thankful for them because then I don't have to cook every single day. I wonder what it will be like when we have som many children we WON'T have leftovers?!?!

Abigail said...

who knows? with seven kids, my mom still managed to have a leftover meal once a week. the table would be covered with little tupperware containers, and we would fill our plate with a morsel or two of each leftover dish! like a potluck, only on a much smaller serving scale...:)