What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Living in a Shoe

I now know what the old woman felt like! Eight children, eight adults, two dogs and four tents! Phew, was this weekend CRAAAAAZZY!

Friday night, Jonathan and Jessamyn arrived and it was SO nice seeing them one on one, before mass chaos ensued! We stayed up until 1:00 playing Scrabble. Can you believe THAT? I can't REMEMBER the last time Matt stayed up until one. It must have been the intensity of competition. Jonathan is a real tomcat with a scrabble board. At least this time. We'll see about a REMATCH! WaHAHAHAHA!

The next day everyone else arrived and with them, the dark rain clouds. I was sweating there for a little while, as we ate in the drizzle. But then, I started sweating LITERALLY. When those clouds passed, the rest of the weekend was in the high 90's and SMOKING HOT. Thankfully, we were able to make it to a pool. Sweet RELIEF!

The whole weekend was brimming with conversations, fun, food, and entertainment. So full, in fact, that many of the things we had planned didn't end up happening! We never even made SMORES! I wonder if we can even consider it a camping trip....

Now that everyone has left, the house is oddly quiet and in need of a good scrubdown. There is no part of this house that is 'clean' and since I had ignored the laundry while we had all of our company, there is a mountain filling our walk-in closet. When company comes, BEFORE and AFTER are the most work.

I am exhausted, but it's a good exhausted. I have A LOT of work to do...but I don't want to do it. Following are about a gazillion pictures for those of you who are looking for ways to procrastinate, like me. You needn't thank me. :-)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It looks like it was a FABULOUS time!!! You did a great job taking all the pictures...What a great pool!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks like you had a fantastic time Rebecca! I think you are the "hostess with the most-est" or something now...WOW! You definitely have the gift of hospitality. That is something I need to work on more.

Great pics! You have a gift for photography as well. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and get all your clean up done! I am sure you will as you seem like a very motivated person!
Blessings,
Jen