What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Who is up for a CONTEST?

Corynn has been in rare form since our company has left. It is taking all the patience I can muster, to repeatedly deal with her antics (see: knee family). One minute she can be so ornery-the next so sweet. So are children, I suppose, and such is parenthood. There is a light at the end of the tunnel...let's just hope it isn't a train.

Tonight is another fun night at the library-the theme for tonight being "GYOTAKU" the Art of Fish Printing. So-you KNOW we can't miss THAT, especially since the LIBRARY is AIR-CONDITIONED!

Our days here are SWELTERING and SO humid! What's worse, is that the nighttime has not been providing any relief! Even with the windows open and fans on, the house is STILL hot in the morning. All my hanging baskets are DEAD. Bah humbug. Yesterday morning, after hauling an insane amount of buckets to our garden (between 30-50 but I won't bother you with numbers...) the children and I took a trip to Walmart. Investment= 100 foot long garden hose. Attached with our current one it *MIGHT* reach the garden...and won't my plants (and hands) be pleased!

While uptown, I stopped by the Hallmark store which is going out of business. Everything in the store was 75% off so I stocked up on goodies for me and for holiday gifts. There was SO much good stuff for ridiculously cheap, that I even got things without knowing what to do with them. While I COULD keep it ALL to myself, THAT would be a bit selfish, wouldn't it? SO...

I have decided to do a contest! I have seen several blogs do things like this-I was even the WINNER of one. Receiving my prize (albeit consolation...) just made my WEEK and so I hope to do that for one of YOU too!

And so, for any interested, the contest IS....

Tell me one of your favorite summer recipes. I am suffering LACK of motivation (to say the least) in the cooking department and I SERIOUSLY need all the help I can get. The winner will be chosen on Tuesday. I will give Matt a list of all the recipes and he will decide which one sounds best and THAT will be the winner. I won't tell him WHO gave me the recipes so no-one will have any chance of preference! hehehe My only question is...do you all want to see the prize NOW or have it be a surprise?!?!

Good luck and THANK YOU to all who participate...

7 comments:

Leah said...

A contest sounds fun! Now I need to come up with a good recipe! ;)

Anonymous said...

SO, do I post the recipe here or email it to you? Are you looking for ANY recipe or dinner recipes? I couldn't tell exactly, but I have a couple I'd love to share!

Kris

Anonymous said...

Do we post on our own sites and give you a link? Or post in your comments, email you what? lol

Carmichael Family said...

Okay, I'm ready to play. :) My question is the same as those who commented before me - what do I do with the recipes?

Paula said...

WOOHOO! A CONTEST! I have never really entered these type of contests before, but you are a good friend, SOOOO...

I LOVE the courting candle. I wonder what furture suitors would think if we actually used one when they came to talk to/about one of our daughters!!

So, like the others, await further instruction on how to enter.

Roberta said...

I've peeked in from time to time on your blog, from Catherine's. I have been trying to think of a good summer recipe...for your contest and for our family! I'll watch for instructions. :)

Michelle said...

Hi Rebecca! I sent you an email with a recipe!!