What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 22, 2008

Crisp



Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

The deep, rich colors of fall are beginning to catch my eyes-and it is a beautiful sight.

Here are a few, along with a very lacking in eloquence update on our home:

This weekend, we huffed and puffed and fetched all our things from storage, where it now not-so-gracefully resides in every nook and cranny, and within every walkway. Living with nothing for so long was very nice-and SPACIOUS!!! I had sort of grown accustomed to it, and had foolishly led myself to believe we were nearly done unpacking and settled in. I chose not to think about the actual boxes that crowded the storage building, and so, when the boxes came and all our earthly belongings were in our presence again- I was overwhelmed. To say the least.

Now, several days later-and yet not a stitch more unpacked-I am feeling better about it. Much of what we own is in the way of clothing for the "possible" Newman babies of our future. And graciously, this is the first home we have lived in with an attic. Soon, many bins will be out of sight, out of mind. At least for a little while.

Though the house looks worse than it ever has (minus the construction dirt and tools, that is), I feel like it is doable. We are in the home stretch. It's been a LONG labor, but now comes the delivery of something beautiful. Just have to get through the last few pushes.

Speaking of delivery: today I had a midwife appointment, the first I have ever gone alone to. My mother-in-law watched the children for me, since I had to have an hour long glucose test done, along with two other appointments. Every moment of running from one floor to another, waiting in the waiting room, and watching the hands of the clock make its full cycle over and over again, I was saying a little prayer of thanksgiving that the children were NOT with me. Five hours later, I am finally home-and exhausted. (I did squeeze in my first CVS trip after a long hiatus-which was well worth it, by the way!)
Bunkin is growing and thriving, and while I love midwives-I sure would love another ultrasound. I miss seeing my sweet Bunkin moving about! :-( On a good note though: they didn't even own a hint of surprise when I told them today that we don't use birth control and won't plan to after the birth. Much different than their doctor counterparts, at least the ones that I myself have encountered.
For the record, since this will never happen again in my life I am sure, I must say: I have gained only 13 pounds this whole pregnancy. The month before I got pregnant, I put my foot down and started working at losing weight-and lost 14 pounds. Which means now, seven and a half months and a sweet little Bunkin brewing later, I am just NOW the same weight I was when I began!
This is BIG people! HUGE! Both prior pregnancies I gained upwards of 50 pounds! Sure, I started out more this time: but hey, I am taking it! Previously, all I had to do was LOOK at a bowl of icecream and the scale weighed down another 13 pounds. So 13 pounds?!? I am loving it. And yes- I keep saying 13 pounds. Over and over. It's like music to my ears. Please, don't make me stop. Because 13 pounds is hardly anything at all considering I am only weeks away from meeting my wee one.
13. 13. 13.
Ahhhhh- I feel better.


Other newsy things:
~ We finally have a working stove, as of Friday night! We've been putting our orders in, let me tell you!
~Tomorrow I am travelling with my Mom to my Oma and Opa's house-a happy invitation. It will be good to visit my grandparents, hopefully snap some photos, and get/give my Mom ('s) nearly undivided attention for a few hours in the car ride up and back. That is, if my children cooperate.
~ I love my Mattie-but since when is that news? I missed him today, even though he just went to work. I can't wait until he gets home!
~Also-I planned to post recipes (bread and the like) to my neglected Kitchen blog on Friday, only to realize that our internet was temperarily unavailable. Who KNOWS! I plan to get to it on Wednesday. If all goes smashingly well.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

13 lbs. is all??!!?? You stink! (just kidding!) I've gained about 22 (we'll find out how much more I put on in the last month tomorrow), and actually, in all 3 pregnancies, I've only gained a max of 35lbs. by the end. (I mean each time, not for all 3.)
Hooray for getting all the boxes, and feeling that all is do-able. I'll feel "do-able" once we get past my brothers wedding this weekend. I hate that everything has to be put on hold, not that I'm mad he's getting married, Julie is a doll, but its all the busyness leading up to it. (which reminds me, I have to finish Audrey's dress :oP ).
Have fun with all your visiting, and gain some weight for ME, would ya? ;0P, really I don't mind sharing it...
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

So when are you DUE for this little one on the way ?

Rebecca said...

Thanksgiving week! Actually, Thanksgiving DAY! But, you know how that goes...