What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Monkeys swing from trees


Those highly observant individuals who visit my blog might have already noticed one of our most recent sky-high reaching projects.

It is certainly one of the most well-received. Painted cupboards just don't rate for the littlest Newmans, I guess.

Or unpacked plates. Or even fresh sheets.





I asked Matt to make the swing extra wide to accommodate two children at once ( I think that is SO quaint) or, perhaps, a wide-sitting Mama. ;-) I wanted something that older children could ride or littlest ones, so he made it low to the ground (easy to get on and off). I envisioned something that could be sat on OR stood on but never did I envision all the variations of riding that these kidlets o' mine have created.

It's fun to ride, but just as much fun to watch.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That expression is just priceless!! I love the old fashion type tree swing. My daughter totally wants one, but I'm really not sure where we would put one. (We have pine trees.)

Grandma Bibby said...

I love that swing, and the pictures are great. One can see right into their personalities. Eric wants to put a rope swing in our trees somewhere. If he ever has time!!

Mandie said...

So cool! I love that it seats 2 kids! How are you feeling lady? I can't believe you are 30 weeks already! I'm so incredible excited for you all in regards to Bunkin! Really wish we lived closer these days...

Bonnie said...

Cute! I love watching how much fun littles have on a swing