What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nothing says serious



...like a woman with braids, bandana, and apron.

Yep. Whenever I braid and bandana myself, you know I mean business.

What sort of business??! The drippy kind.



Today, among other things~ I am doing a marathon baking/cooking session so as to accomplish as much as I can before our company~so that our time can be spent VISITING and not cooking.

Here is what I hope to accomplish today:

~Make apple butter muffins
~Make double batch of Cheddar Sausage Strata
~Make Hashbrown casserole
~Bake SKOR cake
~Make caramel peach muffins
~Bake Jumbo Molasses cookies
~Make Brownies
~Cook some chicken for Chicken Dinner

As you can see from the looks of my kitchen, I've got a good headstart.

Here's what I've accomplished so far...

~Cooked 1# of bacon
~Cooked 3# sausage
~Baked peach muffins
~Maked Apple Butter muffins
~Made Molasses cookie dough (chilling, as I type)
~Shredded 2# of sharp cheddar
~sliced about a quarter pound of Pepperjack cheese



This is my kitchen in all it's unfinished glory. I could pretend it was just that all the cupboard doors are opened because I am a worker bee today but alas, t'would be a lie. Even to this day only SOME of the cupboard doors are painted, the rest are not and (obviously) none are hung. And the two up top that ARE hung, I'm going to ask Matt to take down. I know I know, make up my mind already.

Just pretend you don't see them. And I hope my guests are gracious enough to do the same....
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mrs. MK said...

Rebecca!! Good work!! Hope you get lots done!

My kitchen is missing many doors as well....teaching me that I do not like the "open shelf" look....there is no earthly reason why I should like to dust my soup pot!!

Hope you have a fabulous time with your company!!

Abigail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charree said...

Wow! You are getting a lot accomplished. I am with you braids and an apron means there is no small task ahead of me.

By the way, I love the wood paneling in your kitchen. It is pretty and rustic looking.

Enjoy visiting with your company!

~Charree

Courtney said...

I love looking at the pictures on your blog. You have a gift! And, your children are precious.
Blessings,
Courtney

Mom2fur said...

What on earth is a SKOR cake? Like that yummy candybar?
Sounds like you're making great use of your kitchen, unhung cabinets and all!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rebecca! I think that photo of you in your delightfully warm and cosy kitchen is one of my *all-time favorite photos*, ever! Just beautiful! *It* looks like a Carl Larsson painting. I want a copy framed and on my wall. ;o) I *really* do! It will be *totally* over-the-moon when you get those cupboard doors painted and back on ;o) I hope your visit is wonderfully special, little sister. Hello to dear Matt and those sweet, priceless treasures, too.
Lovingly, Jewels

Simply Vintagegirl said...

Hope you have a lovely time with your company! Very smart to plan ahead and get most of the cooking done before they arrive. :) Your kitchen is beautiful! A good thing about not having the doors to your cupboards is that they stay cleaner than they would be with the doors. It seems that we put things in the cupboards knowing that the doors will cover them (and you can tell when you open them). :D

Miss Emily Rose
www.SimplyVintagegirl.com

Kalona said...

What a cute picture! I enjoy reading your lovely blog so much. I've passed along an award to you.