What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, February 10, 2012

Waxflowers, Spice and Everything nice



Unfortunately for me, this gorgeous bouquet won't be staying.

It is a hostess gift for a little dinner party planned for this evening (no pizza night this week!) and I wish it were mine. I wish Matt would buy me flowers every week. My Opa did for HIS wife! Not roses or anything, just something a little wild and imperfect and sweet.

sigh

If only I could justify buying myself beautiful flowers every week.

Blue Waxflowers, the most romantic-colored peach Stock (oh, I love the spicy smell of stock! I could drink it.) and a jar, dressed up for the occasion. I get to enjoy it for a few more hours.


(I modpodged fabric to a jar headed toward recycling ~NOT one of my precious canning jars!~ and then tied it round with a bit of lace and some cotton twine.)

Hope your weekend is beautiful.

4 comments:

Leah T. said...

The flowers are beautiful! And I like the jar, too. What a neat idea! Enjoy your dinner party and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Mrs. Rebekah S. said...

Oh! That jar is a most lovely idea for a personalized, hostess gift--I love it and would NEVER have thought of it!

And I know how you feel about flowers every week. While I lived in England the flowers were unbelievably inexpensive and surprisingly long-lasting. With fresh water, they would last for 2-3 weeks at a time, so for a few years I had fresh flowers nearly every week. It was so glorious and now that that season in life has passed, I realize even more what a treasure it was. Nothing else seems to cheer a home quite like fresh blooms. Enjoy them while you can. :) Have a beautiful weekend!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!

Abigail said...

You should have yourself over for a dinner party at least once a week. Flesh flowers to savor and expense justified!