What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 10, 2012

30: Goings On


 Things I do for pleasure:
  1. picture-snapping
  2. crocheting with yarn
  3. sewing with fabric
  4. embroidering with colors
  5. exploring
  6. yard saling/flea marketing/thrift shopping
  7. flower cutting
  8. dirt digging
  9. miniature-making
  10. painting with brushes
  11. wool spinning
  12. the reading of good books
  13. the writing of many words
  14. the spinning of wooly wool ( this is new!)
  15. the receiving and returning of handwritten letters
Things I do for purpose (the pleasure comes when they are done.)
  1. grow our own food
  2. make homemade versions of store bought things (laundry soap, toothpaste, shaving cream, etc.)
  3. make goodies from herbs (salves, ointments, powders, tinctures, syrups)
  4. Make and Bake from scratch
  5. Canning
Things I want do someday:
  1. Basket making
  2. Soap making
  3. Clay sculpting
  4. Marionette-making
  5. Smocking
  6. Wood carving
  7. Sketching and Painting.  (The beautiful kind.  I am pretty good at the ugly kind already. See List #1, Point #1)
  8. Write books
  9. Have a Lavender Farm
  10. Build and Maintain a root cellar
What are some things that you enjoy doing or hope to do?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well, I was going to leave a list of do/want to dos for myself, but after thinking it through, realized it would be nearly identical to yours (big surprise, and hence why we are such good friends), so here is what a few extra's of my own would include: (what I want to learn* or become more profficient+ at)

1.) tapping tree's for syrup*

2.) herb stuff*+. Because stuff covers a broad spectrum in one short word.

3.) nature journaling*

4.) cheese making*

5.) sausage making+ I've 2 recipes that are fabulous, but I want to learn more including how to stuff 'em.

6.) dehydrating+

7.) weaving*

8.) rug braiding*

9.) knitting/crocheting*

10.) tatting*

11.) Fruit "farming"* my black thumb may hinder me

12.) square foot gardening* to make better use of our garden space. Again with the black thumb thing though.
13.) SUCCESSFULLY start all my seedlings+ they come up and then die.

I'll not bore you with more. As I said our lists are nearly the same, so if you think of a new thing, just know I probably want to learn it too. It would be much more helpful if we lived NEAR each other, so we could muddle through some of these together. Alas.
Off to administer some authority to the child who is not resting, but instead bouncing.

Bonnie said...

P.S. I don't think that's the right version of bore, which doesn't matter except that I'm a spelling and pronunciation snob, and it is bugging me. So I had to make sure you knew that I know that I might have used the wrong one.

Leah T. said...

I know this is an old post but I just have to respond.

Things I do for purpose and pleasure:

1. Knitting
2. Spinning with my wheel and spindles
3. Sewing
4. Reading
5. Exploring
6. Dirt digging
7. Soap making
8. Gardening
9. Baking (especially bread)
10. Canning
11. Beekeeping

Things I want to do someday:

1. Make herbal salves, lotions, etc.
2. A lavender farm would be awesome! I'd be happy with a huge flower garden. LOL
3. Restore antique spinning wheels
4. Have a yarn shop and/or farm stand
5. Write on my blog consistently
6. Have sheep again (for their wooly goodness)!!!

I'm sure there is more but that'll do for now. :)