What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The green grass grew all around




When the house is tidy and the school work is done I am usually one of three places. 

If I am not in the kitchen working or in the gardens planting...you can probably find me on a blanket in the green, green grass.

I'll miss my patio when it is raining and I want to be outside (there is nothing better than eating dinner outside in a rain storm, you know) but for now I have made a few happy spots around the yard that distract me from my patio-pining.

When it is sunny and hot,, I plant myself under the first big tree of the "tree fence" that gives the perfect amount of shade and where the children are playing in the hammocks in the background.  But more likely, on these beautiful spring days, I plop myself down in the front yard near the lilacs (that never bloomed) and the old, falling down barn where I can soak up the sun that I had so desperately yearned for all winter long.

It feels good to breathe deep.

11 comments:

Sandy said...

It looks like a beautiful day to be painting on the lawn! Did Corynn draw and paint that bird? It's beautiful! It looks like an adult did it!

Rebecca said...

ha! I did it, Sandy.

I know I am not that great of a painter but....sheesh. You didn't have to SAY so.

:-)

Bonnie said...

And you say you CAN'T draw??? You lie.

And yes, you did send me a deliciously fat letter, and I owe you one, but if you want to send me another between times, I won't object. : )

Marlene Bibby said...

That is a beautiful bird! I had forgotten that you could draw. They would make great Christmas gifts - a set of 4 cards. You likely already thought of that. Keep it going. Makes a person feel good to create.

Unknown said...

Love, love this post! Where did you get your watercolors? :)

Anna (Bonnie's sister) said...

This post is very inspiring. I want to sit on a blanket in the grass and paint with the children I nanny. What fun!!

Mary said...

I love this post. I wish I could live like you, grandly and extravagently while doing ordinary, mundane things. Alas, I do not have the soul of an artist or poet that you have. But I can copy and I will, shamelessly :). Thank you for this blog, thank you for inspiring and thank you for being you.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! every bit of that scene and its produce -

b

Bobbi said...

I was going to compliment your bird!!! it looks fantastic and i agree it would make a great gift! : )
And total inspiration, i did this the other day, but i need to make time to do this more often!

Sandy said...

oh the SHAME!! *blush*
*cringe* Rebecca, I remember a post about a bird colouring or drawing? book, I'm sure it was on your blog! Thought that was what Corynn was working on! To my credit, I DID say it was beautiful and that it looked like an adult did it! And I evidently think your children are artistic geniuses;-)

It is really lovely!

Full of Grace said...

All I can say is WoW Rebecca, you did an AWESOME job on that bird! VERY VERY NICE! :)