What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Lists of 30: That Moth destroyeth

A list of 30 Covets
 (maybe for a certain husband looking for some birthday inspiration?)
 
Now, I would hope this blog post doesn't need any qualifying...I hope it is received as it was written, since you all should know me pretty well by now.  But just in case:  here goes with a written disclaimer.

This exercise in covetousness is merely for fun and fancy.  I don't think that presents equal love and that possessions equal happiness.  I *do* think that presents can be a FRUIT of love, just like 'works' are a 'FRUIT' of faith.  Meaning:  You love a person, you love to GIVE to them, surprise them, make them happy.  You love to ACT UPON that love.  And like any good Fruit-partaker, the best part of sharing someones' fruit is not the sweet taste of apple on your tongue but the proof that, for a moment, a person was thinking solely about pleasing you and such thoughts drove them to give part of themselves.  The sweet part.

There.  That's done.  You already knew that.  RIGHT?
Now-let's get to the good stuff!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1* a love note
2* a fruit tree
3* a tart pan with a removable bottom.  For making these.
4* a picnic table for the yard
5* Alicia Paulson's book:  Embroidery Companion
6* a bouquet of lilacs (Seeing as Andrew takes daily trips to the bushes for progress updates, I think this one might be a shoo-in!)
7* Money earmarked for a swimming suit that I do not loathe
8* a Matt-made square cutting board large enough to slice a pizza on
9* Rogers and Hammerstein Songbook CD Soundtrack
10* a day of flea marketing sans children
11* Little Dorrit, the movie.  Particularly this one.  It is pretty great.
12* a date with my Darling
13* Stroopwafels and De Ruijter Hail (especially the fruit kind!) from the Dutch Store.  (It's food, for you non-Dutchies.)
14* a trip to the theatre
15* a pretty little owl seal
16* or a bee one.
17* a weed whacker
18* a dress.  Not too short.  Not too tight.  Not too low cut.  Just pretty and flattering and comfortable.  Something I feel PRETTY in.  IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!? 
19* a note in the mail
20* For Matt to install the dishwasher recently gifted to us.
21* Another book: Crafting a Meaningful Home.  What can I say-it has projects like this in it:


22* A basket.  (or TWO!)  I kinda really love baskets.
23* a cheesecake-preferably with chocolate.  Or caramel.  Or---better still....BOTH!
24* something (ANYTHING!) sparkly
25* WORDSMITHY
26*  And okay-since we are talking books.  This one too.
27*  pretty stationary for my letter writing.  This set is gorgeousness, boxed.
28* A parmesan cheese grater (like at Olive Garden!).  Mine broke.  :-(
29* Matt taking me to a local karaoke night and singing me this:  Now THAT would be FUN!



30*  And hey, while I am dreaming I might as well throw in a new Canon.  One that doesn't freeze up on me or have battle scars or need a tune-up.  With a big, turnable LCD screen and that has video capabilities.  You know, something small-ish like that.

 ~~~~~~~~~~

18 comments:

debbie said...

Love the list and the teepie

Unknown said...

Oooooo.....make that two of most of these! ;) (I of course, don't want any dates with Matt) LOL!

Unknown said...

Oh, and there is such thing as a swimsuit that one doesn't loathe? ;)

Unknown said...

I love the word LOATHE, btw. :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm...maybe I should do 30 annoying comments for your birthday!? >:} *wicked laugh* MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Unknown said...

How does one WRAP a weed wacker, hmm???! I just hate presents that are difficult to wrap! ;)

Full of Grace said...

Loved your list :) particularly 10,13,18, and 29 :) Hopefully I can be of help for number 18, and unfortunately I may have to bow out of flea marketing/yard saleing on Saturday..Bob is off on Sat. am and had planned on taking his mom her Mother's day gift since next weekend will be way too busy. Unless he can be persuaded to do it tomorrow instead, I won't be able to go :( I will keep you posted and let you know for sure tomorrow!

Rebecca said...

Alright Amy- quitting on me already? You have 25 more to go Missy!

And OH NO Elizabeth! I (selfishly!) hope he changes his mind. Sadly, I just got off the phone with Matt and he isn't coming home until Saturday afternoon. So The SANS children thing is a no go for me. Still, I hope you can make it!

Amanda said...

covet away homegirl!

I'm with you on all thirty:)

plus a few more since this makes a safe way to tell our age;-)

31.)a meal outdoors
32.)a wheat grinder
33.)old time flour sacks to make pillows for my living room to brighten my brown couch:)

that was fun!!!!

give me more!
more!
more!

Bonnie said...

Yes, and following Amanda's lead, I'll add some for me:

31.) Maternity clothes that actually fit and don't make me look like a whale.

32.) New furniture. It's becoming a necessity. (rips, holes, stuffing coming out...)

Looking forward to the next round.

Bonnie said...

P.S. I've done karaoke twice. And my biggest disappointment was that my friend Erin and I could nail the Judds and they never called us up.

It's kind of nerve wracking.

Rebecca said...

Amanda~ as for

31-That is why I want a picnic table!

32- They are HANDY! I got mine off of Craigslist for a FRACTION of the cost!

33- You would have LOVED my Christmas gift this year from my mother in law. It was a wall quilt hanging of a handful of old flour sacks from her Mothers collection. I'll have to show you sometime!

Bonnie~ as for

31~ I would be happy with NON maternity clothes that didn't make me look like a whale! You've got a GREAT excuse! (And by the way- you totally DON'T look like a whale. You are beautiful. And so is that belly!

32~ I *SO* need new furniture. The arms have rips in some chairs and my couches? The springs are all weird. PLUS now there is a lovely hole on the bottom of the couch from a certain boy taking a flying leap off of the arm of the couch and onto the cushionless bottom (another certain child had taken the cushions off).

So yeah. That is a big need too.

Love your iwishlists, ladies!

Unknown said...

I know...I wimped out...LOL! ;) Well, in reality a child came in full of mud from catching toads... :D

A multitude of blessings to you as you enter a NEW season!!! :D

Wendy said...

Rebecca...I have some dresses that you can borrow for whatever...Why dont we women do that? They are so expensive...and have only been worn a handful of times...you are welcome to borrow them whenever you would like...even just to go out to supper in :-) Love your lists!

Anonymous said...

What about some dropjes (not sure of the spelling there!) Drop (salted licorice)...YUM!!!!

Cheers,
Wilma in NZ

Rebecca said...

Wendy~ thank you! If it means seeing more of you in person, I am GAME!

Wilma~ you KNOW it. I LOVE Drop!!

Jonathan Cantrell said...

Rebecca,

Take number 17 off the list I have a weed whacker with your name on it.

Rebecca said...

REALLY?!?!? CHA-CHING!!!!

Thank you Jonathan!!!!! ( My flowers thank you too!)