What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, June 22, 2015

Field Days, Porch Days






 






 











Last week was a success.  I was able to get everything done on the To-Do List except for the feta and the portfolios.  Also, I didn't actually DESTROY the desk, but I did empty it out and clean it off and take the drawers all out.  So that should count for something.  What can I say?  I am not the sort to destroy but the kind to make flourish.  It's just not in me.  Matt can use a pry bar or chainsaw or whatever one uses to destroy enormous desks and he'll probably enjoy that sort of thing.

I managed to accomplish all this while Matt was gone all week (thus, I was doing milking and animal chores, etc. too) PLUS two of my children were sick and needed to go to the doctor.  Andrew had a whole mess of problems and Adele' had four Lyme bulls-eyes.  My fridge is now a pharmacy with Amoxocillin bottles everywhere.  I am pretty impressed I survived the week, let alone accomplished almost everything I set out to.

I would have puffed up with pride if it weren't for allergies that puffed me up for real and then proceeded to knock me on my rear on Saturday and rendered me useless the entire day.  Saturday happened to be the Fireman's Field Days for our small community and one of the days which the children look forward to all year.  I don't know why they do exactly, as our community is small and other than a parade that tosses candy, the attractions are basically three or four game booths and chicken dinners (which we never order.)  They do put on a pretty great fireworks show on Friday night (which we always enjoy right from our porch...though I must say, this year was a bit more spacious than last year!) Funny, too...I made coconut macaroons in that post too!  Weird.

Frankly, seeing all of our neighbors with a puffy, drippy face and trying to talk between sneezes and throbbing headache didn't seem fun to me so I ransacked my drawers for circus party paraphernalia (awww...seeing that post makes me want to throw another party!) and set up a few games, lights and decorations on the porch.  I got two bags of cotton candy at a local grocery store, since, well, that is the highlight of the field days for ME.  ;-)  The kids weren't too terribly disappointed as they dove through wheatberries, blindfolded, for bits of candy or tried to get the ping-pong balls into the jars for lollipops.  And I got to keep my dribbles and sniffles to myself.

Did you notice that loaf sandwich picture?  My sister-in-law Holly made it and brought it over for us on Friday, just because.  Just because!   Everyone should have a sister-in-law Holly.  And, I learned, olives are so so so good on sandwiches!  yum.

I am now officially in my second trimester which means, the belly can't possibly be ALL ice cream and chub at this point...so I'll post Tiddle's first belly shot.  I'll not mention the fact that I look as big as the half-way point in my last pregnancy.  I'll focus instead on the fact that I haven't gained a single pound yet and that I can still fit into my chubby shorts from two or three summers' ago.  Or better still, I'll focus on the fact that Tiddle is 3 1/2 inches long, makes all sorts of facial expressions and responds to light touch.  I am anxiously awaiting the time when I can finally feel Tiddle.   It won't be long now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww. Great post and photos! <3 You look so cute and that dress is so pretty! I'm sorry about Lyme's. :( Amos had it and it was not fun.

Full of Grace said...

You Look Beautiful. I hope you all are feeling better and refreshed today! :)