What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Handmades

Ignore the fact that the children were wearing these in January... of last year.

These projects were the first and last of the sewing projects for 2022.  

I fell in love with the flannel patterns but waited to buy it all until the crazy cyber Monday sales.  

Isn't it amazing?

I tried to buy enough to play matchy matchy with Ineke and Moses and I *barely* squeaked by.  

And knowing my "littles" are turning quickly into Not-so-Littles, I embraced that sweet little bonnets and one piece rompers.  

A bit Jan Brett and a bit Patricia Polacco vision, I set to work. 




Ineke's came with the added bonus of too-long sleeves.  The better to warm her hands with.


I had to add length to the button area and it was still snug.  
I underestimate the boy.

Oh- did you think matching is only for little people?  

It wasn't a perfect match for the Littles but more refined and elegant. 
For a more refined and elegant girl.

And look how lovely she looks in it?!  

And while I am at it, I might as well post the remaining handmade things from 2022...all of these were gifts that scooted out the door as quickly as they were made, and usually late at that.  ;-)





4 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Oh Rebecca, your artistic talent is wonderful. All the items are charming! You seem to put your imagination to good use. Isn't it frightening how fast the littles grow up!

Monica said...

How very inspiring! I want to make one thing per month—a goal for this year. Do you use patterns or draw up your own? Ineke’s dress is very beautiful. Gives me an idea of what I want to sew for Eva. My problem is I start projects and don’t finish them. Maybe all I need to do is a hem or something simple and I will just lose the mood. Sigh. Beautiful projects!

Rebecca said...

Rozy- it is, indeed! Especially as I have been looking through the computer to delete photos, I have stumbled upon many sweet and wonderful memories of little people who are not little anymore. Bittersweet.

Monica- that is me on every knit/crochet project ever. I think it because I am so slow at it that I scratch the itch and then want to move on. :-/

It just depends on the project whether or not I have a pattern. I tend to "fudge" a lot of projects. For these things for Ineke and Moses, I used vintage patterns and for Adele I made up my own.

Abigail said...

These are all so wonderful! I love your artistry and always want turn copycat when I see things you make. Also, Cadence's and my gifts featured here are well-loved and well-used and treasured still. :)