What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, January 30, 2023

Plymouth Plantation (BFV#3)

 (Oooh!  I am SO close to accomplishing my goal of getting this blog up to date in January!  Two more days to go.  At this point, I am flinging unedited pictures to the screen like a madwoman but the finish line is in sight.  Sorry to not take the time to make each photo vibrant and pretty. Something had to give.)

After Hancock Shaker Village, we headed toward the coast and Plymouth, Massachusetts.  I had checked the forecast for the places we were heading for the hotel and for the Shaker village before we left and the weather was supposed to be in the 80's and 90's.  Of course, I packed all summer things.

It didn't occur to me that coastal towns have ocean air blowing around them and hence, are a bit cooler. (A-hem.  I am an idiot.)

Well, let me tell you!  It was a LOT cooler- only high 50's!  The rest of our vacation we were chilled to the bone.  I was so thankful that I had grabbed at least two little sweaters for the children for our early morning take off.  And I happened to have a jean jacket in the van for myself.  Big kids bought sweatshirts for themselves and scavenged around.  We all made do but lesson learned- if ever we take another vacation, I'll be more experienced in that department.



















The Lord was good to us...we had the perfect amount of time to leisurely stroll through the fog and mists of Plymouth Plantation before the sky opened up and it rained solidly just as we were leaving.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Love, love, love this!
These pictures are the next best thing to going myself! You captured everything wonderfully. (And you and Ineke outside of the house? Definitely Dutch settlers who lost their way from New Amsterdam.)