What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, January 29, 2023

The Best AirBnB in the world (BFV#2)



I include this photo in the bunch not for that sweet as sugar little grin of his but for that whacky party-in-the-back hairdo. 
His hair was growing back at this point from his hack job this spring so his bad hair day serves him right.

This was supposed to be showing me blowing my iron-hot putt putt but in fact, it is just showing how much of a dork I am.  But look at those classy grins around me!


I found this place on an airBnB and having never used airBnB before, I did not know that hotels sometimes advertise there too.

The rates were cheaper than most hotel rooms- but it had two rooms and a living room/kitchenette which allowed for us to eat food I had packed instead of going out.  Even more amazing, it allowed us to put Littles to bed in a separate room and not have to turn out the lights and be silent to get them all to sleep.  (If you have children in hotel rooms, you understand.)

The posting advertised a putt putt green, pool and arcade (which I interpreted to mean "near to the rental".  

Instead, it was a resort who put off-season rentals for super cheap at the last minute.  

The arcade was ON premises.  So was the pool.  The putt putt green.  The sand volleyball pit.  The basketball hoops.  The movie theater that played every night.

Though it was only meant to be the place we slept, it became a destination in and of itself.

It was crazy.  I loved that place.  

I have very few pictures of this place because the Middles and Biggles were off doing fun stuff the whole time and I was mostly in the pool having children strangling me to death with a death grip around my neck or jumping over-and over-and over-and OVER into my arms.  

It was bliss.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Whhhheeeeee! and HURRAH!

I am fully in favor of this trip.
I am fully in favor of this amazing stay!

I was excited for you guys when I heard your plans, and it's been a lot of fun to see all the pictures of your big adventure!