What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Jim's Prize Blueberry/Lime Jam

This recipe was taken from the book Lip smackin' Jams and Jellies by Amy and David Butler, pg. 39. The only thing I would change is the amount of zest. I put the zest of two SMALL limes in it and that was still too much. Next time I will use only one-or maybe eliminate it all together.


4 ½ cups blueberries
6 cups sugar
2 T. lime juice
Grated Zest of 2 large Limes
3 3-oz pouches of liquid pectin

Remove any stalks from the blueberries and rinse under cold water. Drain’em good and put in a saucepan. Crush the berries a bit with a masher. Stir in the sugar, lime juice, and zest. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Keep stirring to avoid burning. When the mix reaches a full boil, cook for 1-minute longer and then stir in pectin. Return to a full boil for another minute.
Place in jars.
Process jars in a hot-water bath for 10 minutes.

Yeild: about 6 cups.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Thanks for the recipe! It looks yummy, and I'll have to try it when we go picking. I had just frozen several quarts of berries when I saw this recipe!

My mom's recipe calls for lemon juice to give the berries better flavor, but I love this idea of a twist of lime. mmmmm.