What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Busy Busy! Boating, Bridal showers, byebye parties, and big girls...

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind-and the next two promise to be. On Sunday we went to G&L's to pick the last of the blueberries-but there were none! :-( Sadly, I guess Matt didn't get his pie after all-maybe I will have to buy some. We'll see. Last night we went BACK to G&L's for a good-bye party for a visiting Uncle. Tonight we are leaving to go on our last 'vacation' of the year. We are going to spend a few nights at a cottage on the St. Lawrence with Gary and Linda. The people who own it are letting us in it for free because Matt helped them build it. Kind of like a bartering thing. Gary and Linda have a boat and so we hope to be on the water a lot. We will return on Saturday morning just to go BACK to G&L's to a bridal shower. Let's just say...while I do so look forward to this trip-It will be nice when all this monkey business is through and we can just be HOME by ourselves. I will say this though-if things keep up at this pace, peanut will get here before I know it! It is an excruciatingly long wait-if you tick off days instead of weeks or months.

So today-I have to walk to the post office to mail some packages, wash diapers before we leave, pack up clothes and groceries, mail a letter with photo's, clean up the house, take out garbage, and sew another bunting. The beginning of next week I am dropping off my first load of craft items to Iron Kettle Farm to be set up. I am also taking another lot of clothes to the consignment shop. The one I am going with only allows you to put 6 things in at a time and it is pretty far away-so it can be a royal pain. Oh well-money is money. Oh! And Elizabeth is taking a week off of vacation and so I am getting three of her babysitting kids for a week. That is a bit more money for us. I look forward to hopefully socking this away in our non-exsistent house fund. :-)

For two weeks, Corynn has been eating up knowledge. She now recites almost the entire Lord's prayer each morning for breakfast. She can count by herself to 16 (making one or two mistakes...), and at church on Sunday-she folded the bulletin in half, then in half again, four times-making a perfect tiny little square. I was shocked. She even drinks from a regular cup these days. She is getting to be such a big girl! In just a few weeks she will be two! Where has the time gone? Though I will miss her babyhood-the point she is at now is so FUN and exciting! I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I hope everyone has a great week!


No comments: