What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend Wedding-love the mushy gushy!

Ah….I love a good wedding. I do at that. Nate and Julie-hoo’s wedding was a success-but as with every wedding, there were little setbacks that you are forced to just accept and not dwell. Julie was breath-taking, the farmer’s market was just gorgeous, and Corynn actually made it down the aisle without embarrassing me to death!
The night of the rehearsal I was scared, let me tell you! She cried because she didn’t want to go down, then, when she did, she broke out into a run. When she got all the way down, she figured it was more fun than she had anticipated, so she ran around the front in a huge all-encompassing circle, then headed back up the aisle-squeezing between the bride and her father as she passed. I was frantic. I was ready to give up the whole idea. But-she came through. I bought some mentos candies and put one in her mouth to keep her quiet and occupied. Then, she bumped up and down at my command to ‘go slow’ and then, half way down-gaining momentum, she started to jog a bit-but she went straight to the men who then held her hand until I was seated and then she came to me. Whew! I was really able to enjoy myself then. Unfortunately, because I was so many different places at once-I didn’t get to take any pictures of her walking down the aisle. :-(

I almost didn’t even make it to the wedding, because I was over at the farmer’s market setting things up there. I had left Corynn with her grandparents to nap (which she didn’t) and when I got back to the hotel room, they had left…and I didn’t know how to get to the church from there! I eventually found it, with only minutes to spare-and much to the relief of Matt who was sure I was in an accident or lost on some one way street on the other side of Ithaca.

Their wedding was complete with a blue grass band, a professional hula-hooper who somehow made hula-hooping sensual (don’t ask me how-but she did.), GORGEOUS flowers they arranged themselves (from wild flowers they picked and a few ordered flowers from a lady at the farmer’s market), and vegetarian grub. The hula hoop lady doubled as one of the photographers but took a break from that to dance-she even brought out a fire hula-hoop later, but we had left at that point. When the music started, Corynn started dancing-and didn’t stop. Hours later (no exaggeration) with sweat pouring off her head, I had to pull her off the dance floor. She was in a dance circle-surrounded by grown-ups all watching her dance and she was very pleased to be there. I couldn’t believe the gumption that little girl had two hours past her bedtime!

I didn’t take as many pictures as I thought I would, because there were quite a few people all lined up to take photos-plus they had camera’s on the tables. There IS such a thing as TOO many photo’s. But-here are a few to give you an idea about the wedding and the people. It really was lovely.

No comments: