What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, August 03, 2005


Last night, when all I wanted to do was sleep, I made bread and butter pickles. We gave a jar to the lady who gave us the bucket of pickling cukes which left seven jars for us. They are so tasty! I am afraid though, that I have run out of jars. I haven't found any at yard sales either. Since I still have lots of canning to get done this summer, I may have to go out and buy them-and then hoard them. I never understood why people would ask for the jars back when they gave us stuff-but now that I am canning-I certainly can relate! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Abigail said...

You've probably already tried posting a request on Freecycle, but people seem to want to get rid of them for some reason...

I'll get as many more as I can on Freecycle. If I get boxes (hopefully), I can pass some along when we next come down (maybe in a week or so).

Abigail said...

WAHOO! Have I got a good package for you! (Not canning jars--yet--although I think I can wheedle at least 6 or so off my mom for you.)

If we come down soon, I will bring this "something" for you, but, otherwise, expect a fun package within two weeks.

Matt will not care for your portion of the package, but I think John has a couple of books he might like that I can slip in there to ease his disgust.

Rebecca said...

Yippee! Two surprises in one day! I get a special treat! I ca't wait to find out what it is!!! :-)As much as I love getting mail-I am sort of hoping to get it in person....

Then-The much talked-about Rebecca (your sister) called me today and offered to give me a few canning jars from her attic stash.

(I haven't won anything (well, expect for the dollhouse and toddler bed) from Freecycle. People are just too fast for me, and whenever I post a 'want' no one really cares... Thankfully, I have a dear friend who is looking out for me...and so graciously is willing to give even when she herself desires such things. Thanks Abby, muy mucho!