What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Babies Babies Babies....and other less exciting things

Not much is going on these days here but something WONDERFUL is going on to some friends!

First of all, some friends from Connecticut welcomed their first and much anticipated child into the world on December 16th-just in time for the holidays! Baby Cayden is so beautiful-no big surprise, given the parents! I am sure there could never be a more wonderful blessing than the blessing of a long-awaited child~ and no better present to receive at Christmas! :-)

Then, my dearest friend Mandie gave birth to a healthy and BEAUTIFUL baby boy on Christmas EVE! I want to post a picture, but am not sure whether she would like that or not-so I will err on the side of caution. Congratulations to you Mandie-and I think David looks so much like YOU! Shortly after I fell in love, she fell in love. Shortly after I got married, SHE got married! She got pregnant shortly after I did with Corynn and then had a girl who she named Dabney and then I got pregnant shortly after SHE did and she had a boy who is David James. So-if we are to continue shadowing each other-baby Peanut needs to be a boy. :-)

Michelle, a friend from church, is due THIS week-on Saturday (I think!) . LOTS of people are anxiously awaiting her announcement-and to think, we may not see them on Sunday because she has a new little one! I can't WAIT to be that far along! And I am sure, SHE can't wait to be DONE and over with it!

As far as Peanut is concerned:I can't contain myself this time around. I REALLY don't know HOW I will be able to wait until APRIL-(ugh! That seems like lightyears away!) to finally get to see this wee one. I wasn't even this attached with CORYNN. I think it was because with Corynn, my first time baby, I was nervous at how life was going to change-and I had never been a parent before so I was a bit scared of that too. With Peanut-my life has ALREADY evolved into one of parenthood and I HAVE done it all before (so I KNOW I can do it...) so this time I am just READY! There is rarely a time when Peanut does not move. (I thought babies in-utero were supposed to SLEEP much of the time? Well, apparently, no one told Peanut!) On Sunday at church, Corynn was sitting on my lap squirming and Peanut was inside me squirming and it was just too much. TWO little squirmy-worms in church? Argh!) I was looking online and found a 4D ultrasound photo of a little in-utero babesy so I had to share. I love to look at 'real pictures' instead of just drawings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ON TO OTHER LESS EXCITING THINGS-though no less important~~~~~~

* Corynn's runny nose (since Christmas) has joined forces with a newcoming cough. Poor thing. I keep shoving the vitamins into her and pouring O.J. down her throat. Actually-she begs me for vitamins and cough medicine saying "Please Mama...feel better?!?!? Need special medcine feel better!"

* Stamps have gone up 2cents. While I will not refrain from my fair share of groaning about that, I will also note that .39cents is STILL a heck of a lot cheaper (and more fun-in my opinion) than 3___ cents per MINUTE on the tele. I will forever be a letter-writer and forever NOT be a tele-person.

*Speaking of letters-Els and Falko. I know you read this blog and I am thankful for that-since we lost your email and I have no other way to reach you. Mom says you have moved and so we no longer have EITHER current address-"snail' or 'e'. Would you please email us and give us your new address? We have some things we would like to send-INCLUDING about a bazillion stamps we have been saving for you!

*I have FINALLY started doing some 'scrapping' again...that is, scrapbooking. I have completed probably nine pages! I plan to do some more tonight. Leah is coming over so she might get some done too. I found a GREAT way to be able to scrapbook with Corynn awake. (Before I was limited to her bedtime-but by then I wanted to be in bed!) I just give her a few scraps of paper, some markers, a few stickers, and (here is the MOST important thing!) scissors. She happily snips away for an hour or more-cutting pieces into smaller and smaller pieces with the occasional "OW!" just to freak me out. It works heavenly! And as far as clean-up, she is just as anxious to clean up the pieces with a dustpan and broom as she is to MAKE the mess! :-)

* Well. That is it. Told you my life is pretty boring these days. Guess I should go rearrange more furniture! :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan moved all the time when I was carrying him too. And quite honestly he hasn't stopped moving since. He's always been my most active one. I really believe that there is something to the way they behave in the womb and the way they are out of the womb. April will be here before you know it although I do remember all to recently heading into those last three months and feeling like it was going to be forever till I got to finally hold my sweet baby girl! (after 2 boys I was ready for another girl! LOL). Have a great night! ~Jen

Abigail said...

Corynn's sick, too, eh? The girls have been hacking since Christmas, but nothing serious yet. I'm so glad the weather's been warmer; I might even take them for a walk today (our first in months), coughs and all!

If you'd like, you can keep in mind that my birthday is, ahem, the 15th of April, though I'm sure you're already beleaguered with requests from others. Let it be known that Leah was not only kind enough to have John on my husband's birthday, but they gave him the same name! (I still like to pretend they named him for John instead of for Grandpa J. Terry.)

It DOES seem like forever until April, doesn't it? Even mid-February seems miles away right now... It will come quickly, though, especially with all that you're spending time on nowadays!

Rebecca said...

Jen~I think there is definately a correlation too-and it frightens me! Although, my sister's son Samuel moved all the time and is the most low-key baby EVER. I don't know what happened there-but I am kindof hoping for it! :-)

Abby-As much as I would like to use your birthday...that is five days PAST my due date and so...NO WAY JOSE (if I can help it). I am actually shooting for some time in March...not only will I wait less time-but I will be able to claim Peanut as another dependent! ;-)

Abigail said...

I was ten days late with Annie, and I think Leah was with Noah, too. Because I now know how rotton it is to wait and wait and wait, I release you from the obligation of waiting until the 15th. In return for my thoughtfulness, I give you permission to name the baby, if she's a she, Abigail.

p.s. I've never done "scrapbooking" before, but my mom requested a scrapbook of mine and John's wedding photos for her birthday. Man, is it time-consuming! It took me a couple of hours just to sift through the pictures today, and I haven't even started putting the pages together. I now have an appreciation for your accomplishment of finishing nine pages! And will you post the finished results, hmmm? :)

Rebecca said...

Nope! You must come here to see them! in the albums! :-) Hehehe. I hope to get LOTS more done so I will be wasting precious time putting scrapbook pages on here. Though-I may put one or two of my favorito's.

On a side note: Last night I was looking for your address and stumbled upon a letter you wrote me in November of 04. It had a picture of a frog on a pumpkin. Your drawings are so wonderful I thought-I should cut it out and include THEM in scrapbook pages...that way I can enjoy them all the time. But then I read your letter and felt as I always do when I receive a letter from you and couldn't bear to tear it up! Silly me. Funny how a letter over a year old can be such an encouragement to me even now. :-)

Michelle said...

Hello, there! No news on the baby front, yet. I will probably be in church on Sunday! NOT sitting in those pews, though. Ow, ow, ow...

All of my babies have moved constantly while they were in me. I will see how this guy is when he comes out. The other two are bundles of energy. I am praying this one is calm. Yeah, right! LOL

Oh, about claiming dependents. Peanut would've had to have been born by Dec. 31st for you guys to claim her/him as a dependent for 2005. You'll have to wait for next year to claim on taxes. I was kind of hoping to have this guy before the new year for the same reason! LOL

Anonymous said...

My 4th was 10 days late also, and that is after my 1st 3 babies were all born the day after their due dates! I was due Jan. 15th, and thought "maybe" there was a chance of having the baby on my mom's birthday on the 18th, but NEVER would I make it as far as my mother-in-law's birthday on the 25th--guess what--that is when Hannah was born! LOL

Anonymous said...

OOOPS--last post should have been listed under Rebecca R. or this will get too confusing! :-) Or should I use Becky?!