What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Spring Cleaning the NEST

I have been busy busy busy this week. Of my own doing. Wednesday I took down the tree and put away all the Christmas decorations. Then, since I had to move the sewing desk back to it's orginial spot (where the tree was) I decided, HECK! Why don't I just move the WHOLE living room around?!?!? And so began my two day saga of cleaning, sweeping, caring for the newly acquired zoo of dust bunnies, and trying to make the living room look nice given the change of scenery. Matt had mentioned moving the computer desk, I ALWAYS like to change things up, and this layout is more conducive to baby Peanuts' arrival. Though I don't like is AS MUCH as before, it will work better for us in the future and by taking on such a task, I was able to REALLY deep clean. What I accomplished includes but is not limited to...

~Moving ALL pieces of furniture in L.R. to a new location with the exception of the large couch and one bookcase.
~Swept the floor like a gazillion times-each time I moved something, before I replaced something, and then a few times when it was all done.
~"Spot" mopped.
~Cleaned walls, ceilings, and corners of dust and cobwebs.
~Dusted all hanging wall decor, pictures, window frames, and clock.
~Washed and replaced all fabric runners, doilies, etc.
~Dusted and cleaned ALL shelves AND knicknacks before replacing them.
~ Dusted, cleaned, and organized the computer desk (this INCLUDED taking the computer OUT-dusting the desk AND the computer.)
~Taking the garbage out.
~Furniture polished all furniture.
~Watered, trimmed, and moved plants to different locations.
~Added a light downstairs (from upstairs-I was hoping to get a floor lamp for Christmas but did not, so we will just make do with a small lamp on the nightstand of our room.)
~Dusted all picture frames on desk.

No-I don't think the living room could be any more clean than it is now. At least until Corynn comes down from her nap or the dust settles again.

Since I had to move OTHER furniture to and from other rooms, I ALSO changed things up in the DINING room and other rooms of the house. Though not as impressive as the living room, I was able to...

~Move Corynn's teeny tiny homeschool cabinet into the dining room along with our phone and answering machine.
~Add pictures to a now-covered cubby.
~Swept and spot washed the stairs.
~ Dusted all the bookshelves
~Made a special place for our tower of library books that is as hidden as it CAN be.
~Changed the dining room tablecloth and centerpiece from CHRISTMAS to more wintry/Valetine's Day.


I am really glad I did all that stuff. I just couldn't BELIEVE how dirty everything was! Now that THAT is done, probably around February or March I will be changing Corynn's room around. Matt's parents' have offered to give us a twin bed for Corynn (what a blessing and surprise THAT was!) so I have to not only find room to put the cradle and a new dresser up there, but ALSO make room for a TWIN bed instead of a toddler bed. I am not sure how I will do it yet but I have time to think about it. After all, I need to save SOME projects for later months to keep me occupied! Once Corynn's room is complete, Baby Peanut's arrival couldn't come fast enough.

Today's project that is now complete is of the top-secret sort but involved some mass-produced handmade cards. I will post a photo probably the beginning of February of that. I hope to post some photo's of our house too. We'll see what I get to. I have to work on the church newsletter this afternoon and I really would like to do some scrapbooking this evening so that will all take precedence.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: